• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Understood. Take your time... Deep breaths.

At least most people were cordial. :wave: I was a little out of my element. But it was all good. I totally made my mind up about a few of the candidates after seeing them answer questions and observe their demeanor.

As always, still not sure why church affiliation and religion matter at all in local politics. Just trust God that you will do the job but leave the religious mention out of the campaign. It has no place, unless you are trying to pander.

And for those of you who have not made it to a candidate forum- go. August 16th has one during the day at the Liberty Fire Department and one in the evening at Red Bay.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
One more question- who was the guy who stood up and went on about parking spaces- he said he owned a restaurant with 50 parking spaces in South Walton? The restaurant that we were told he owned does not appear correct according to Walton County website.

Last edited:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I haven't got a clue, but why not just ask a question rather than air your grievance which a few folks wanted to do. I wish he had told me, because I probably not go there if there were no parking spaces.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
One more question- who was the guy who stood up and went on about parking spaces- he said he owned a restaurant with 50 parking spaces in South Walton? The restaurant that we were told he owned does not appear correct according to Walton County website.
His name is Steve Springer. He appeared at the South Walton Republican Club candidate forum and brought up the same issues. Don't remember him actually asking a question but definitely expressed his opinion.

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I haven't got a clue, but why not just ask a question rather than air your grievance which a few folks wanted to do. I wish he had told me, because I probably not go there if there were no parking spaces.

Yeah, it was weird. Not sure of his grievance or question! I needed a translator.

teacher's aide

Beach Comber
Jul 27, 2014
Just my random thoughts about the DFS forum. Several people in the crowd who spoke made speeches instead of ask questions of the candidates and some were just rude. I thought the speakers on the referendum were both well prepared and very impressive and made valid points even though I have already decided. I wish Mr. Barnhill had been able to attend, he was so impressive at the WCEA forum. Hopefully he is going to be well soon. Ms Roberts and Ms Leddon did well and Mr. Glidewell sort of blew the other commission candidates away, as he did at the WCEA forum. Overall, it does seem that the superintendent referendum is the hot topic on everyone's mind.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
It now seems the real reason C. Jones didn't attend is that she found out the forum was going to be video recorded. She allegedly did not want ANY of her comments recorded.

I wonder why?