• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

br549

Beach Comber
Apr 2, 2008
Usually, after a candidate wins a primary they'll stand on their heads to talk to the media and keep the momentum going.

After seeing the article in the daily news that Mike never responded to several attempts to contact him the night of the primary, I feel we havent seen anything yet.

The article stated he did not return repeated calls after the final numbers were announced. Makes ya wonder.

Regardless of what some do they cant satisfy everyone, if Adkinson would of made a statement to the press,you would of called him pompus or arragant.

Seeker1

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2008
you read minds too!?!?!?!

Regardless of what some do they cant satisfy everyone, if Adkinson would of made a statement to the press,you would of called him pompus or arragant.

Quick! What number am I thinking of?

No dearie, I would have thought that we finally had someone walking the walk of the talk he talked.
But, I do think what you suggest now.

Even Mike himself criticized how unresponsive Ralph is to the citizenry.
Mike did exactly as Ralph has done.

As for "no reason not to wait till the next morning" I disagree. One of the things Mike has asked us to trust him with was his word. And that was, that he would not be like ralph. I dont think it unreasonable to have expected him to return a call and say "something". He has one foot in the door and so far has gone back on his word by acting like Ralph with "no response". What the heck, he started the campaign by breaking his word so theres no surprize.
I'm really trying to like him but he makes it so hard.
So for now Im selling my scanner and cell phones and storing rolls of red tail light tape.

Last edited:

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Quick! What number am I thinking of?

No dearie, I would have thought that we finally had someone walking the walk of the talk he talked.
But, I do think what you suggest now.

Even Mike himself criticized how unresponsive Ralph is to the citizenry.
Mike did exactly as Ralph has done.

As for "no reason not to wait till the next morning" I disagree. One of the things Mike has asked us to trust him with was his word. And that was, that he would not be like ralph. I dont think it unreasonable to have expected him to return a call and say "something". He has one foot in the door and so far has gone back on his word by acting like Ralph with "no response". What the heck, he started the campaign by breaking his word so theres no surprize.
I'm really trying to like him but he makes it so hard.
So for now Im selling my scanner and cell phones and storing rolls of red tail light tape.
Talk about sour grapes!!! I wasn't an Atkinson supporter, but I am wondering if you're nefariously starting you Democrat candidate for sheriff campaign now. Your accusations appear to not only be pointless but also unnecessarily derogatory.

Seeker1

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2008
mr. spock is not real a.a.

Talk about sour grapes!!! I wasn't an Atkinson supporter, but I am wondering if you're nefariously starting you Democrat candidate for sheriff campaign now. Your accusations appear to not only be pointless but also unnecessarily derogatory.

First, having words put in my mouth by br549 that I have not even thought about uttering was humerous to me.

If you would now take the time to read my previous post,
I said I thought we finally found someone that walked the walk of the talk he talked. Sour Grapes? I dont think so. It was a positive comment. I followed it with comment on br549's sarcasm.
And I find it necessary to remind you that even Mike criticized Ralph for being so unresponsive to the people.
Sour Grapes? I didnt say it, Mike did. Go see mike.

The paper said he didnt return calls after numerous attempts. Sour Grapes? I didnt say it, the paper did. Go see the paper. Or are they being derogatory and pointless in their comments based on experience as well?
bad paper, bad bad paper.

I found it personally surprizing and was a tad disappointed that Mike did not seize the opportunity to speak with the media. Instead he followed the same practice he criticized Ralph for, no response. Sour Grapes? No, it was a good observation of Ralphs behavior Mike brought to everyones attention while he campaigned, then did himself. Again, see mike, or the paper, or both.

I said I was trying to like Mike but he was making it hard to do. A positive person would think that was a nice thing to say by a person with an open mind. "trying to like"= continuos effort..... "making it hard" = still trying, not stopping.
But a negative person would see something bad in it. You sure qualified yourself on that one.

Something tells me anything I would have said would have been determined by you to be derogatory and sour grapes. WHAH!
It appears you have a predetermined perception of what people post.
I find your criticism unqualified.
Try listening to people rather than saying (anticapating) what they mean.

Last edited:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
First, having words put in my mouth by br549 that I have not even thought about uttering was humerous to me.

I said I thought we finally found someone that walked the walk of the talk he talked. Sour Grapes? I dont think so. It was a positive comment. I followed it with comment on br549's sarcasm.
And I find it necessary to remind you that even Mike criticized Ralph for being so unresponsive to the people.

The paper said he didnt return calls after numerous attempts. Sour Grapes? I didnt say it, the paper did. Go see the paper. Or are they being derogatory and pointless in their comments based on experience as well?

I found it personally surprizing and was a tad disappointed that Mike did not seize the opportunity to speak with the media. Instead he followed the same practice he criticized Ralph for, no response. Sour Grapes? No, it was a good observation of Ralphs behavior Mike brought to everyones attention while he campaigned, then did himself. Again, see mike, or the paper, or both.

I said I was trying to like Mike but he was making it hard to do. A positive person would think that was a nice thing to say by a person with an open mind. "trying to like"= continuos effort..... "making it hard" = still trying, not stopping.
But a negative person would see something bad in it. You sure qualified yourself on that one.

Something tells me anything I would have said would have been determined by you to be derogatory and sour grapes. WHAH!
Try listening to people rather than saying what they mean.

Huh????:dunno:

Johnny Post

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2008
Seeker,

I understand where you are coming from. But honestly, isn't the statement about a nonresponse from Adkinson a little hasty.

He responded to the article the next day. I think you are overreacting.

I am sure the Daily News phoned him repeatedly that night. But at what number? His office, his cell phone? I sure hope they weren't calling his house after 9:00 or 10:00 because I do believe he has two little girls. If he had cut the phone off at that hour who could blame him. And before it starts, I understand a person in his position being available 24/7. I am sure he was available to his officers or in case of the need for law enforcement response. But taking media calls at 10:00 just to make the late deadline is a whole separate issue.

Either way, I think this is a nonissue, unless you really want to find fault in the man.

Last edited:

Seeker1

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2008
John [[QUOTE said:
QUOTE]
I understand where you are coming from. But honestly, isn't the statement about a nonresponse from Adkinson a little hasty.
I think you are overreacting.
ny Post;460627]Seeker

I am sure he was available to his officers or in case of the need for law enforcement response.

Either way, I think this is a nonissue, unless you really want to find fault in the man.
[/quote]
[/quote]

First and foremost, thanks for responding in such a pleasant way.
I think I may have let my personal excitement of Ralph being tossed from his throne over run my expectations.
I would have expected Mike to be available for police response. I never doubted that.
Everyone is assuming he was at home. Really? On one of the most important evenings of his professional career I would have expected him to be at the office or courthouse watching the returns. I was told thats where he was 'till late by one of his men. But Im sure it will be considered untrue based on the timing. I would too.
Either way it seems your right. Noone thinks its an issue. And again, maybe I over reacted from my excitement of ralph being defeated.
As for trying to find fault, hmm. Thats hard to answer. Noone commented on my positive statement, just the negative. Fault stands out more with some than with others. Its easy to see when a person who claims to be so experienced makes a mistake.
If Mike wins, and he probably will, he his staff need to get used to being under that microscope. Its the nature of the position they will be holding.
As for me, I will decide whether or not to like the man based on his performance as a sheriff, not ads. It starts with who he surrounds himself with.
All I expect is the courtesy of having questions answered in a reasonable amount of time and a return call from time to time.
Thank you again for the courteous reponse.

Last edited:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach

Try listening to people rather than saying (anticapating) what they mean.
Like I said, "Sour Grapes". I don't need any advice on politics from the lkes of you and I really appreciate the fact I am so negative. With some of the posters on this board, like you, it is the only way you can be and get some semblence of a point across. Have a great day.