• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I am heartsick and without words this evening. My prayers are heavy with my heart.

4dogs

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
If you knew Meghan you knew a beautiful young woman. She always had a smile on her face. She volunteered for Adopt A Dog many times. She was always ready to go the extra mile. Such a tragic loss of life. I know anyone that knew her, will miss her immensly.

Last edited:

Lisa_at_the_beach

Beach Fanatic
Nov 25, 2004
SoWal
PLEASE Pray for all families concerned.........I cannot even begin to imagine what they are going thru...blessings on each and every one.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
The service today reminded me why I love this little community. So many people showed up to show support and love to Meghan and her family. Here is a little excerpt from her funeral from Meghan. We can all learn from this.

...What I am getting at, is basically: we always
put things off.
"Oh, I am gonna go skydiving one day"
"I want to travel to Europe when I get older"

But let's face it, we really don't have all the time
in the world.
We count down the days until summer and etc..

But the days that pass are just one less day to
fulfill our dreams.

So, Live everyday to its fullest and take life head on.

Meghan Burkhart-Smith
April 6, 1992 - January 4 2009

MaxxandMe

Beach Lover
Feb 27, 2007
Seagrove Beach
I agree it was a truly beautiful service. Meghan would have been so pleased to see all her friends and family. I do hope that the young listened very carefully to the coach and to Chelsea. My thoughts and prayers are with the Smith family.