• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
back in 2006 I suggested to folks to short JOE, if they couldn't sell there home in South Walton, as a proxy for doing the same. I think the pendulum has swung ridiculously far to the negative side, and that the Short Joe trade is cooked, done. I think it's time to buy JOE, and lock the shares away for 50 years.

good luck to all.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
back in 2006 I suggested to folks to short JOE, if they couldn't sell there home in South Walton, as a proxy for doing the same. I think the pendulum has swung ridiculously far to the negative side, and that the Short Joe trade is cooked, done. I think it's time to buy JOE, and lock the shares away for 50 years.

good luck to all.

Negative cash flow, negative earnings, zero dividend.. plus, Joe's trading in the range it spent most of 1996-2003 in. I don't see it climbing out of that range any day soon.

IMHO there are far better investments out there that offer more immediate returns.

Koa

Beach Fanatic
Jul 17, 2010
"immediate returns" or 50 year term, are two very different things.

austin101

Beach Comber
Mar 16, 2008
JOE was sued TODAY for securites fraud...story below:

Brower Piven Encourages Investors Who Have Losses in Excess of $100,000 From Investment in The St. Joe Company to Inquire About the Lead Plaintiff Position in Securities Fraud Class Action Lawsuit Before the January 3, 2011 Lead Plaintiff Deadline

STEVENSON, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 11/05/10 -- Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation announces that a class action lawsuit has been commenced in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida on behalf of purchasers of the securities of The St. Joe Company ("St. Joe" or the "Company") (NYSE: JOE) during the period between February 19, 2008 and October 12, 2010, inclusive (the "Class Period"), including purchasers of the Company's securities pursuant and/or traceable to the Company's public offering of common stock on or about February 27, 2008.

No class has yet been certified in the above action. Members of the Class will be represented by the lead plaintiff and counsel chosen by the lead plaintiff. If you wish to choose counsel to represent you and the Class, you must apply to be appointed lead plaintiff no later than January 3, 2011 and be selected by the Court. The lead plaintiff will direct the litigation and participate in important decisions including whether to accept a settlement and how much of a settlement to accept for the Class in the action. The lead plaintiff will be selected from among applicants claiming the largest loss from investment in the Company during the Class Period. You are not required to have sold your shares to seek damages or to serve as a Lead Plaintiff.

The complaint accuses the defendants of violations of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 by virtue of the Company's failure to disclose during the Class Period that as the Florida real estate market was in decline, St. Joe was failing to take adequate and required impairments and accounting writedowns on many of its Florida based property developments and that, as a result, St. Joe's financial statements materially overvalued the Company's Florida based property developments and the Company's financial statements were not prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. According to the complaint, St. Joe's investors were shocked as Greenlight Capital's David Einhorn detailed, on October 13, 2010, at the Value Investing Congress how St. Joe needed to take "substantial impairments" and accounting writedowns on many of its properties, and that further building by the Company "will drive the stock price to zero." The complaint alleges that as a result of the information disclosed by Mr. Einhorn, the value of St. Joe stock declined significantly.

If you have suffered a net loss for all transactions in The St. Joe Company securities during the Class Period, you may obtain additional information about this lawsuit and your ability to become a lead plaintiff by contacting Brower Piven at Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation Home, by email at hoffman@browerpiven.com, by calling 410/415-6616, or at Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, 1925 Old Valley Road, Stevenson, Maryland 21153. Attorneys at Brower Piven have combined experience litigating securities and class action cases of over 50 years. If you choose to retain counsel, you may retain Brower Piven without financial obligation or cost to you, or you may retain other counsel of your choice. You need take no action at this time to be a member of the class.

Charles J. Piven
Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation
Stevenson, Maryland
410/415-6616
Email Contact

? 2008 SYS-CON Media Inc.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
joe is at 20.00 today, and I think it is a good buy also!

JOE just don't make any sense to me as an investment--even at $20 a share, it's still too much to pay for a company that is losing money.

For example...you can pick up a share of Intel (a company that IS making money) for roughly the same price as JOE and get a 2.97% dividend to boot!

(DISCLAIMER: Under no circumstances does the information above represent a recommendation to buy, sell or hold any security.)

Last edited: