• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
lol nice call on sprint . instead of a double it sunk 50% just like joe. for a cheapie stock if it can make it and not go under $3 phm could be a 5-8 bagger if itcan survive till an up cycle

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
OK, folks.... only 49 years left in my trade idea. So sorry the stock is at 15 and change for folks that didn't take the 70% profit that was available only a few weeks after my last recommendation. How many years does it take to make 70% in a CD now?

We're coming into that time of year again, where the stock can damn near double, from the point of my recommendation last year from 17 to 30 last February... In today's stock market volatility, this is the new reality.

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
You are truly clueless, and I doubt you even have the financial acumen to read and understand their regulatory filings. JOE is a dying company that has only been profitable one quarter in years (and that was as a result of a one-off timber sale), that has sold its best real estate, and has not properly marked to market all of its existing real estate developments (hence the SEC investigation and the class action lawsuit).

iqueequeg

Beach Lover
Feb 2, 2005
Snowy Boston
Last year I recommended all my friends buy Molycorp (MCP, they mine rare earth metals) when it was at 30. I told them to hold it for 50 years, but secretly I took profits at its absolute peak of 75 six months later, a profit of 150%! I then repurchased at 50, then sold again at 60. I did this same thing 2 more times. It's now back at 30, but I'm up over 200%! My friends are actually down based on my recommendation, but oh well, the fifty years aren't up yet. I know I'm posting this after the fact, but trust me, I was able to time my buys and sells perfectly at the peaks and troughs each time. I'm thinking of opening up a mutual fund!

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
so davies why din't you get us out at $25? i'm sure you boufht at the exact low's

i;ve actually tradeds this 3-4 times in the last 6 months

Capricious

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
"...I was able to time my buys and sells perfectly at the peaks and troughs each time..."

So did John Corzine.

For a while.

homeboy

Beach Lover
Jan 2, 2010
OK, folks.... only 49 years left in my trade idea. So sorry the stock is at 15 and change for folks that didn't take the 70% profit that was available only a few weeks after my last recommendation. How many years does it take to make 70% in a CD now?

We're coming into that time of year again, where the stock can damn near double, from the point of my recommendation last year from 17 to 30 last February... In today's stock market volatility, this is the new reality.

JOE has been and will continue to be a dog company. The $338 million writeoff proves that they have been a dog for quite some time. The stock may go up and down and be good for some short term gains if you can play the timing correctly. However, in terms of a 50 year play. JOE will be long, long gone in 50 years.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Bump.... i like to check in on this every 10 years. Appears Joe is up 300 percent or so since i called Einhorn out for being wrong Nov 5th, 2010. Shelly, not sure if Intel is still selling personal computer chips i think they are. I'll check back in 2031, we'll know in 2060 which one was a better investment. in 2009-10, David Einhorn relied on junior NY based analysts who couldn't fathom that south walton would be a desirable location on the redneck riveria, they hadn't heard of it. I contend they were wrong at the time they said to short JOE. I wonder if they've covered their short yet?