• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
So I've started this thread as a place to notify folks of various scams running locally. These are generally telephone/internet scams and due to the nature of my profession I'm pricy to them usually when they start.

Currently scammers are calling local numbers about Amazon purchases. They are using the idea that someone has ordered a high dollar item on your account to get information. Amazon doesn't have the time or resources to have actual people reach out on their behalf. Please just hang up.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Home Depot/Lowe's/Walmart are not giving stuff away for surveys or for the hell of it. These are scams designed to get your credit card information and personal details.

At best, if you want to risk it; your debit/credit card will get compromised, and you'll have to wait to get the charges reversed and a new card.

Worse, you'll think it odd they need your social security number or online banking login. This can lead to much more sophisticated scams.

Don't risk it and when in doubt ask your bank or financial institution. They would honestly prefer to tell you it's fake every ten minutes than deal with a compromised account or identity theft.

Screenshot_20220920-205042.png

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Walmart is not giving out free gift cards.

Note in the text message it doesn't have the standard STOP option. Also Walmart would use an official Walmart.com web address.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Kohl's isn't giving away Ninja Foodie products for your opinion. If you've paid anything with a credit/debit card contact your financial institution immediately.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Kohl's isn't giving away Ninja Foodie products for your opinion. If you've paid anything with a credit/debit card contact your financial institution immediately.
Let’s be honest Kohl’s has always been a scam with their advertising

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Financial institutions WILL NOT send you an unsolicited code via email or text and then call you to obtain it.

This is a very common scam used to take over your online banking.

If you ever feel uncomfortable with a caller, simply hangup and call a trusted number to verify if the company is actually trying to reach you.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
1000001932.png

My spam filters catch it, but wanted to make folks aware of this scam. The USPS does not do this, nor do they use international phone numbers.