• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Interesting that you say that. I've been watching these two lots in MackBayou area, which were bought a few months back, at what I think was a great price point, especially with all of the growth in the Sandestin area. They immediately re-listed the lots for sale. In the last few weeks, they almost doubled the asking price, and they are still fairly inexpensive for that area.

I wonder if I could get Tommy Bahama to sponsor my property.

Oh the possibilities.

But I'm trying very hard not to be a smart a$$ today.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Went to Tommy Bahama's on Sunday for drinks with some friends and one appetizer. The goat cheese appetizer was amazing. But not as amazing as the $81 bill. Don't think I'll be spending much time there.

:yikes:

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
My $81 would have been a lot better spent east of 331!!!!

dunelover

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma girl
www.thebeamstore.com
Thought I would give a review of Tommy Bahama's. We enjoyed dinner there last night. We booked through www.opentable.com. Efficient, convenient and all online. Arrived and were seated in a nice booth in a quiet area. The booth's are comfy and even have pillows for lounging. Excellent service, very attentive, and personable. The ambiance was nice overlooking the green area near the fountains w/ the sound of steel drums in the background.......love it....:love:

Ok, for the food. We started off w/ the crab calloway. Yes, expensive 16.80 for two crabcakes. I think my hubby might have been calculating each bite.....:rotfl: The crabcakes are coconut crusted served in a sweet chili sauce....ummmm good. I followed w/ the shrimp and scallops on rice. Perfectly grilled and delicious. Hubby had the pan seared stuffed chicken. Server recommended and said it was a specialty. Hubby enjoyed it. It was served w/ broccolini (whatever that is---looked like little broccoli). We ordered the Roasted Smashed potatoes--served family style. They were scrumptious and abundant in quatity. Yes, we finished w/ dessert---Barbados brownie topped w/ roasted coconut, ice cream and homemade whipping cream. A fantastic meal :D w/ a hefty price tag. :eek:

I did notice plenty of kids as well. The environment was kid friendly for well behaved kids.

Ok, I will be frequenting Sowal restaurants the rest of the week. Already had a great pizza from Angelinas!!!:clap:

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Just curious as to how much a domestic longneck beer costs at this place. I'd be willing to bet at least $7.

destindreamer

Beach Lover
Jul 1, 2007
houston
I think this place is "spot on." Great atmosphere, great food, great service. It is a bit steep but you don't leave unsatisfied. Like everything else in life, you get what you pay for. Atmosphere counts for a lot in this type of restaurant.