Trash pickup at beach accesses

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by shellak, May 26, 2013.

1. shellak

shellak Beach Fanatic

It seems to me that the TDC should schedule more frequent trash pick ups at the beach accesses during holidays. One of my neighbors was at Ed Walline early this morning. The multiple receptacles were overflowing, and there were beer bottles, cans and toys everywhere. Of course, you really wish tourists wouldn't have to be reminded to take their stuff with them when they leave the beach.

2. Andy A

Andy A Beach Fanatic

It should be remembered the TDC trash collectors can do only so much! They do a great job and I, for one, thank them profusely. They check the trash receptical at the bottom of our walkover every day and it is really appreciated.

3. joho

joho Beach Fanatic

I noticed a TDC truck on the beach today overloaded with huge trash bags and left behind beach chairs just filled to the top (almost falling off) picking up garbage. They're on it!
    Ed Waline is one of the largest public parks maybe they should check the receptacles on more of a regular basis during holidays.

4. shellak

shellak Beach Fanatic

I appreciate everything the maintenance people do. I wasn't attacking them. I just suggested that picking up a bit more frequently during extremely high tourist times would prevent the overflow. Sure, I wish people would take away their own garbage but do many do not.