• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cavindish

Beach Crab
Jun 1, 2021
Pensacola
Can anyone provide an update as to the current situation at Treetop? It's been "under construction" for years at this point but only a dozen or so homes have been built. Is there pending litigation? Flooding? The location seems nice with greenspace to the north. What am I missing? Thanks.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Can anyone provide an update as to the current situation at Treetop? It's been "under construction" for years at this point but only a dozen or so homes have been built. Is there pending litigation? Flooding? The location seems nice with greenspace to the north. What am I missing? Thanks.
Watersound Origins makes more sense if you are buying in that area would be my guess. The project never really launched with the one-two punch of both Doodle Harris passing away and the real estate collapse in 2008.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
If it is going to take off it is going to do so now because inventory is so low. And speaking of low, be careful of wetlands. It is puzzling that there are no lots publicly listed for sale and only one under construction for sale. Do your due diligence.

Cavindish

Beach Crab
Jun 1, 2021
Pensacola
If it is going to take off it is going to do so now because inventory is so low. And speaking of low, be careful of wetlands. It is puzzling that there are no lots publicly listed for sale and only one under construction for sale. Do your due diligence.
Thanks, Dawn. Do you think the home sites are already purchased by owners with plans to build or does the developer still hold the remaining deeds?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Tree Tops was a late bloomer soany of the lots were purchased at the height of the last bubble. Coupled with the fact that you'll likely have to bring in fill dirt and it's proximity to 98 and the beach go with origins.

leeboy

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2015
Watersound Origins has a lot going for it, but I saw one description that said Treetop Village has deeded beach access with shuttle. Not sure where that is, I suppose the Seacrest Beach access since that was also Doodle Harris project?

And Treetop Village is a whole different thing being small and gated and with short term rental potential or maybe no short term allowed I don't know.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Watersound Origins has a lot going for it, but I saw one description that said Treetop Village has deeded beach access with shuttle. Not sure where that is, I suppose the Seacrest Beach access since that was also Doodle Harris project?

And Treetop Village is a whole different thing being small and gated and with short term rental potential or maybe no short term allowed I don't know.

They do have beach access through two other developments. Keep in mind you're at the very back of that land rush every morning.

leeboy

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2015
They do have beach access through two other developments. Keep in mind you're at the very back of that land rush every morning.
Indeed - I do not like the high density of Seacrest Beach and they do not have enough beachfront in my opinion. But I can see the advantage of deeded beach access for someone buying as a vacation rental.

Cavindish

Beach Crab
Jun 1, 2021
Pensacola
Thank you to everyone who weighed in. So as I am beginning to understand, Seacrest Beach and Treetops both funnel into a fairly narrow strip of beach via the "deeded beach access"? I guess it gets quite crowded. I'm not a beachgoer but the attractiveness of the house and location to renters is an important consideration. If I had the money, I'd buy in Rosemary and have fewer people on the beach but that's not an option.