• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scrltbegonya

Beach Fanatic
Dec 14, 2005
SRB
congratultions, team mad skillz!

i feel a rematch coming on.

Alys Beach

Beach Fanatic
Sep 13, 2006
www.alysbeach.com
Due to popular demand, Trivia Night will be held on January 4 and February 8 at Fonville Press.

Starting in March, Trivia Night will be held the second Friday of every month through 2008.

:clap:

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
Due to popular demand, Trivia Night will be held on January 4 and February 8 at Fonville Press.

Starting in March, Trivia Night will be held the second Friday of every month through 2008.

Maybe I should extend my Christmas Holiday!!!!!
This still leaves me looking for something to doDecember 21...anyone have any ideas?

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here

Bring it! Team Mad Skillz will be there!!!!

Alys Beach

Beach Fanatic
Sep 13, 2006
www.alysbeach.com
TN7-12-14-07small.jpg

TN6-12-14-07small.jpg

lightningroundsmall.jpg

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
Kevin, I hate to be the bible nerd, but I'm going to be anyway....Remember the "Original Disciple" question??? Well, of course we all knew that Jerimiah wasn't a disciple...he was a bull frog. But Matthias wasn't either. He was a replacement for Judas...NOT an original.

(I was a champ at BIBLE Trivia when I was a kid. Had to remember the order of the books of the bible by the time I was 8!!!)

Just in case you doubt my MAD bible skillz here is a quote from the book, Twelve Ordinary Men: The original twelve disciples / apostles are listed in Matthew 10:2-4, "These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Him." The Bible also lists the 12 disciples / apostles in Mark 3:16-19 and Luke 6:13-16. In comparing the three passages, there are a couple of minor differences in the names. It seems that Thaddaeus was also know as "Judas, son of James" (Luke 6:16) and Lebbaeus (Matthew 10:3). Simon the Zealot was also known as Simon the Canaanite (Mark 3:18). Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Jesus, was replaced in the twelve apostles by Matthias (see Acts 1:20-26). Some Bible teachers view Matthias as an "invalid" member of the 12 apostles, and instead believe that the Apostle Paul was God's choice to replace Judas Iscariot as the twelfth apostle.

Can we still be Mad FriendZ???

RepComic

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2007
Dear Romeosmydog,

In response to your questioning one of the choices in the "Original Apostles," I apologize, it seems that I was incorrect in saying that Matthias was part of the "Original 12" otherwise known as the "First Rat Pack." :cool: I would be correct in saying he was one of the original apostles since he did take the place of Judas, just not the 12. (Acts 1:25)

As a side note, it's great that God essentially flipped a coin to decide the replacement. Too bad for Barsabas, he was one step away from being a part of a trivia question. (Acts 1:24-26) :blink:

On page 63 of Schott's Original Miscellany, the trivia guru(no pun intended) does list Matthias as an apostle. That being my source material, I blame him.

One other side note: Acts 1:18. And he indeed hath possessed a field of the reward of iniquity, and being hanged, burst asunder in the midst: and all his bowels gushed out. :shock:sosad:Note: there was no emoticon in the original text)

Mad gross.

Sincerely,
RepComic

P.S.
We're still mad friends.

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
:love: A man that knows his Bible!!