rapunzel
Beach Fanatic
What tier am I in;I have spent many an evening in the 'penalty box' (loving nickname given to the claustraphobic suspected TB isolation room in good old Charity Hospital's ER {May she rest in peace}) and many hours in direct contact with TB patients!
![]()
Actually, I am not worried, it is a fairly difficult disease to contract for otherwise healthy people who do not routinely share crowded spaces with the chronically ill. As is par for the course, the media is making this story out to be as dramatic and frightening as possible...I saw Sanjay Gupta having to bite his tongue yesterday on CNN and could tell he wanted to tell everyone to chill out, but he really beat around the bush.
Like most others, I felt a sadistic nerve within me tickled when I heard this guy was a slip and fall attorney and he was going to have the bejeezum sued out of him. But I am no lawyer, and he is no doctor, and if he was told he was smear negative and not in risk of spreading the disease, I am not sure he is liable for anything.
Well, for four more weeks you staff the bottom tier, dear.
And you need to get a skin test tomorrow...not since Katrina is not acceptable.
}) and many hours in direct contact with TB patients!

Thanks for sharing this info. So many poor folks and elderly can't afford thier medicine. This guy has the resources. What about all the folks that don't. Like you ponted out we haven't even heard abut this other guy whose been in quarantine for the last 6 months. Seems like Speaker and the CDC coulda got it together better. Clear communication is key. Why didn't he at least use a TB mask? The CDC shoulda highly recommended that don't ya think? A lot of people wear masks for various reasons. Was it vanity? Too embarassing to wear a mask...