• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Folks on turtle watch found this...today I think! They are doing the thumbs down for the a$$hat's who left this!

13327432_10209689095894877_2342211635693022673_n.jpg
And that's a lot of work..WHY? It's vacation..maybe he works for caterpillar and just can't relax...

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Wow lots of rude and one sided people here .

Last I checked my opinion was as important as anyone elses.

Perhaps due to the fact I don't sugar coat things, nor do I pull punches, I am Disliked.

Research most of the posts and you'll see truth. Truth hurts those that don't want to hear it.

I'm far from perfect, but I am entitled to my opine. Ask the advertisors on this site...

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Opinions are like bettybuttons, John, but yours seems to be bigger than most.

Easternlakefan

Beach Comber
Apr 20, 2008
Yes, we go to the beach to have fun. It is also the home to many beautiful animals, plants, etc., "Nature". Customary use still means you put it back the way you found it at day's end.
We all like to enjoy ALL the area has to offer but as I was brought up and children I hope have learned ; You return anything you do back to the way you found it before you leave for the day. You clean up after yourselves so others can enjoy what brought you there. You respect others' space and that includes everything that lives there. We'd all be nicer to each other. I remember those days on the beach.
What goes around, comes around and if you complain when you get left with a mess but you have also been guilty of doing the same to others you have no right to complain. If everyone would respect each other and treat the area and others the way you'd like to be respected and treated a lot of these problems would not exist today.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Wow lots of rude and one sided people here .

Last I checked my opinion was as important as anyone elses.

Perhaps due to the fact I don't sugar coat things, nor do I pull punches, I am Disliked.

Research most of the posts and you'll see truth. Truth hurts those that don't want to hear it.

I'm far from perfect, but I am entitled to my opine. Ask the advertisors on this site...

Stop John G! Not one soul has said you can't have an opinion.

WE ALL KNOW WHAT YOURS IS!

1.) You despise Sheriffs Adkinson and bash him at every opportunity. You get away with that because he is a public figure. And of course you don't sugar coat your hatred...we ALL see it! I don't agree with everything he does but unlike you I don't take every thread posted on SoWal and turn it into my own personal pi$$ing contest with those I disagree with.

2.) I've lived more "research" in this county in the 30+ years I've been here than you will experience in a lifetime. I know more about good ole boy politics, ruthless Sheriff's and those that went along to get along and draw a paycheck than you'll ever know! I know more about crooked, coked up lawyers, dirty politicians, back room deals and corruption but it doesn't have a damn thing to do with digging holes, not covering them and potentially destroying marine habitat on Walton County beaches...marine habitat I might add that have come to our beaches to have their young since Moses was just a gleam in his daddies eye! One has nothing to do with the other and you being sarcastic (by your own admission) isn't endearing anyone to your very selfish cause.

3.) Riddly sea turtles, loggerheads and leather backs have been coming to OUR beaches since long before arrogant beach front property owners decided to rope off property down to the water line and will continue to come long after the next hurricane wipes those beaches clean just as Camille and Katrina did for MS. Marine Turtles and their free access to OUR beaches will still be federally protected unlike the claims made by people stating they own the beach.

4.) Your truth doesn't bother me one iota because it's not backed by any law, federal or otherwise! Your attitude on the other hand and your attempts to derail every single thread on this forum with stupid hostility for anyone who doesn't agree with you is over the top and unnecessary.

5.) Last but certainly not least, I can't remember the last time I was even on OUR beaches so in all fairness, I don't even have a dog in this ridiculous fight over private property and who can walk, sit or stroll along them and for the most part I have stayed out of the threads and have kept mostly to just to agreeing with or liking the comments of those who want to keep beach access free and uncluttered by ridiculous signs, ropes and chains by folks under the delusional impression that they own the sand. This has nothing to do with whether I like or dislike you and quite honestly, there was a time I even defended you but lately, even I am finding that to be a chore!

Last edited:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I wonder if the many South Walton Turtle Watch volunteers are welcome or not to walk their morning routes along "private beaches", a long time tradition on all of OUR beaches, to detect and protect nests as well as to watch for hatchlings and make sure they find their way to the surf. #customaryuse

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I wonder if the many South Walton Turtle Watch volunteers are welcome or not to walk their morning routes along "private beaches", a long time tradition on all of OUR beaches, to detect and protect nests as well as to watch for hatchlings and make sure they find their way to the surf. #customaryuse

They may not be welcome Teresa but I would think the Federal protection act for the protection of marine habitat (actual law) would take precedence over any private land use claims and prevent them from interfering.

Federal laws do supersede any state or local laws.

Easternlakefan

Beach Comber
Apr 20, 2008
I can't come down as much as I use to but I as a beachfront owner would and do WELCOME the South Walton Turtle Watch volunteers. And any other volunteers that are trying to preserve what lives and has lived there long before people. These people know respect and are helpful. They are not there to destroy or use the area for their enjoyment and leave a mess and dangers for the people and wildlife. In my younger days half my vacation time was spent cleaning up what I could and the other half enjoying what nature offered for my pleasure. That hole shown at the start of this forum I could never fill in now at my age.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
That's insane. Seriously. Who would do something like this?
The same sort of people that have prompted more and more beach front owners to call WCSO about Trespassing, only to be given an SOP that tells them to put up signs and barriers...