• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
These are the same masses who are easily led to believe that Led Zeppelin LPs played in reverse, yoga and high school plays are the gateway to Hell.

:lolabove:
I had a guy tell me the other day after he found out I did yoga that he was just not into mixing his workouts with religion! Ha! I told him it was probably a good thing because he probably could not work out at that level anyway.

Majah

Beach Comber
Apr 30, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
So who gave her the right to destroy other peoples property? How can you bow down and make this woman your hero? Seems she has just lowered herself to way below the actions of any and all tourist leaving items on the beach. Didn't she just take the turtle watchers reputation down with her--what a shame.They work really hard to educate people about the turtles. What a fine example for our young. Just because I don't like what someone else does-------sounds like most of you have just opened the door for do as you please!?! Shame, shame. shame. What about the vandals at the church--do you bow down? Just because it's something you want to see changed, hopefully this is not the avenue you care to go. There is just no difference! Wrong is wrong is wrong. If you still call this woman your hero and bow down, then I hope to see you at church this Sunday.

Beanstalk

Beach Lover
Apr 12, 2009
So who gave her the right to destroy other peoples property? How can you bow down and make this woman your hero? Seems she has just lowered herself to way below the actions of any and all tourist leaving items on the beach. Didn't she just take the turtle watchers reputation down with her--what a shame.They work really hard to educate people about the turtles. What a fine example for our young. Just because I don't like what someone else does-------sounds like most of you have just opened the door for do as you please!?! Shame, shame. shame. What about the vandals at the church--do you bow down? Just because it's something you want to see changed, hopefully this is not the avenue you care to go. There is just no difference! Wrong is wrong is wrong. If you still call this woman your hero and bow down, then I hope to see you at church this Sunday.

Who's property was it? I'm sure if the owner came forward the TDC would like to know. I understood it to be abandoned. Do you know otherwise? Please share with us.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Majah, you are assuming that the trash on the beach was not abandoned and was actually still being claimed by someone.

It is ridiculous for a normal person to think that he or she can set up tents, chairs, coolers, etc, on public property, leaving it indefinitely, and expecting it to always be there. At what point does it become no different than an empty soda bottle on the ground? If throwing a cigarette butt onto the shoulder of Hwy 283 comes with a fine up to $500 in order to help curb littering, what fine should be associated with dumping rusty-framed beach chairs, tents, umbrellas, bottles of lotions, beer in coolers (hello, can you say liability for contributing to minors?), nets, buckets, shovels, plastic trays, towels, underwear, wet swim suits, plastic wrappers from new beach crap, price tags, and boogie boards? (by the way, all of this crap is one example from one encampment I recently saw.)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I need an update. Does Kathydwells still hold the highest bid on the sea turtle drawing being auctioned on this thread, in support of the defense fund of the person being accused?

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Majah, you are assuming that the trash on the beach was not abandoned and was actually still being claimed by someone.

It is ridiculous for a normal person to think that he or she can set up tents, chairs, coolers, etc, on public property, leaving it indefinitely, and expecting it to always be there. At what point does it become no different than an empty soda bottle on the ground? If throwing a cigarette butt onto the shoulder of Hwy 283 comes with a fine up to $500 in order to help curb littering, what fine should be associated with dumping rusty-framed beach chairs, tents, umbrellas, bottles of lotions, beer in coolers (hello, can you say liability for contributing to minors?), nets, buckets, shovels, plastic trays, towels, underwear, wet swim suits, plastic wrappers from new beach crap, price tags, and boogie boards? (by the way, all of this crap is one example from one encampment I recently saw.)

And you are assuming that those that filed the complaint were not the owners.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
And you are assuming that those that filed the complaint were not the owners.

Incorrect assumption on your part. I am assuming nothing. I don't know the details. I certainly hope that you are correct on the idea that the persons logging the complaint were the owners. I would love to send them my thoughts about them leaving crap on the beach.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
In todays Sun

Seagrove Beach woman arrested

A 57-year-old Seagrove Beach woman was arrested June 16 and charged with destroying several canopy tents and puncturing floats behind Beachcrest Condominiums on County Road 30A.

Witnesses identified her as the one doing the damage on June 12, according to a Walton County Sheriff ’s office spokesman.

The woman denies causing the damage.

The charges are misdemeanors. She was booked into the Walton County Jail and bonded out.

Not exactly a detailed account - who, what where, when and how.