• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Unpopular Opinion

New posts
This may be unpopular and this is my opinion. I am a moderate and wish there was a legitimate 3rdParty who could compete.
Sure, who doesn't wish that, but right now there is not. Right now like it or not, Biden is the best choice.
 
I personally find this two party system a disgrace. I also disagree with everybody’s vote NOT counting in this country. I feel it’s a rigged system and don’t have any faith in our elected government employees. They sure don’t seem to work for the people. With an 11% approval rating of Congress and Senate, I feel the Independents should grow in strength and numbers to balance the BS.
I see some real problems with third parties. It doesn't take much thinking to realize that that system could lead to a candidate being elected who is not supported by a majority of voters (51%), and possibly supported by just a little over 34%. That means about 2/3 of the voting public could be against that candidate who won. I think it is just inviting chaos. The more obvious problem is a "weak" third party splitting the vote, and the less popular candidate winning, such as what happened in 2000, and possibly 2016. "Third Party" proponents need to integrate their views into one or the other of 2 parties. It always will be a question of voting for the lesser of two evils. Always. You have to understand that political change is a long, long, long process that happens only in small gradual changes that someday add up to a better country. (At least, that's the way it use to work, until some of you decided to elect someone who wants to dismantle it all.)
 
Last edited:
Two parties works well when there is yin and yang. All we have now is yinang as far as corruption masked by a polarization that plays into that..
 
I see some real problems with third parties. It doesn't take much thinking to realize that that system could lead to a candidate being elected who is not supported by a majority of voters (51%), and possibly supported by just a little over 34%. That means about 2/3 of the voting public could be against that candidate who won. I think it is just inviting chaos. The more obvious problem is a "weak" third party splitting the vote, and the less popular candidate winning, such as what happened in 2000, and possibly 2016. "Third Party" proponents need to integrate their views into one or the other of 2 parties. It always will be a question of voting for the lesser of two evils. Always. You have to understand that political change is a long, long, long process that happens only in small gradual changes that someday add up to a better country. (At least, that's the way it use to work, until some of you decided to elect someone who wants to dismantle it all.)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I’m learning all the time and you have helped to educate me. Have a wonderful evening.
 
I see some real problems with third parties. It doesn't take much thinking to realize that that system could lead to a candidate being elected who is not supported by a majority of voters (51%), and possibly supported by just a little over 34%. That means about 2/3 of the voting public could be against that candidate who won. I think it is just inviting chaos. The more obvious problem is a "weak" third party splitting the vote, and the less popular candidate winning, such as what happened in 2000, and possibly 2016. "Third Party" proponents need to integrate their views into one or the other of 2 parties. It always will be a question of voting for the lesser of two evils. Always. You have to understand that political change is a long, long, long process that happens only in small gradual changes that someday add up to a better country. (At least, that's the way it use to work, until some of you decided to elect someone who wants to dismantle it all.)

I can see many of your points. I truly feel that if more voters register as Independents, they could make sure that politicians are forced to have term limits and both parties wouldn’t have a clue as to how the Independents would vote... it might give more power to the people of our country?
 
I see some real problems with third parties. It doesn't take much thinking to realize that that system could lead to a candidate being elected who is not supported by a majority of voters (51%), and possibly supported by just a little over 34%. That means about 2/3 of the voting public could be against that candidate who won. I think it is just inviting chaos. The more obvious problem is a "weak" third party splitting the vote, and the less popular candidate winning, such as what happened in 2000, and possibly 2016. "Third Party" proponents need to integrate their views into one or the other of 2 parties. It always will be a question of voting for the lesser of two evils. Always. You have to understand that political change is a long, long, long process that happens only in small gradual changes that someday add up to a better country. (At least, that's the way it use to work, until some of you decided to elect someone who wants to dismantle it all.)
In my view Independents already determine elections, whether they vote for a 3rd party candidate or for the Republican or Democrats. Although I am registered Republican I have changed my affiliation to vote in a State Level Democratic Primary. I also in the General Election am not bound by Party Affiliations so I may vote for whom I chose. Not voting for either of the Major Parties IMO should tell them something and it should also tell them something when my vote goes to the other candidate. If we look at the last few Governors Races in Florida they should really consider how the vote went and Represent it. Believe Governor DeSantis has done a reasonable job overall compared to Governor Scott. As it stands, I am probably leaning for Biden, but am more concerned about who his VP pick is. In the end and I know how some of the folks feel about this, my vote to cast. Not voting is not an option although I have considered a few times.
 
In my view Independents already determine elections, whether they vote for a 3rd party candidate or for the Republican or Democrats. Although I am registered Republican I have changed my affiliation to vote in a State Level Democratic Primary. I also in the General Election am not bound by Party Affiliations so I may vote for whom I chose. Not voting for either of the Major Parties IMO should tell them something and it should also tell them something when my vote goes to the other candidate. If we look at the last few Governors Races in Florida they should really consider how the vote went and Represent it. Believe Governor DeSantis has done a reasonable job overall compared to Governor Scott. As it stands, I am probably leaning for Biden, but am more concerned about who his VP pick is. In the end and I know how some of the folks feel about this, my vote to cast. Not voting is not an option although I have considered a few times.
How bad could Biden's VP pick be that Trump would be a better option?
 
Didn't say I would vote for President Trump.
What I believe Leader is saying is, if you haven't made a decision yet, then you may not have been paying attention these last four years. If you are contemplating not voting or voting some third party, then you are part of the problem. Bob, I respect your level headed analysis on these forums, but it bewilders me why anyone would still be indecisive at his point.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top