• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I never said they did but where's the county accesses here? Just curious how can one use the public beach if there'no access to it? :dunno: How exactly are these people freeloading? After this thread I won't be there at all if my Tennessee/Seacrest money ain't good enough. :blush: How does one use an access in an 'unreasonable' manner? Why would someone drive in from cheapy accomodaations to be shunned and looked down upon?

:blink: Stereotyping is what's 'not right'. I think it's nice that people who may not be as priveleged as us would get excited about seeing a big mansion on the beach. What's wrong with that anybody pleeease?:dunno: :love:

Good grief you people really need to lighten up. We were kidding. Guess you have never seen National Lampoon's Vacation.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Exactly Ms Kristi. Comments such as those are unjustified and downright predjudicial. I would hope all owners in those neighborhoods don't have the same snobbish attitude.

I hope Cousin Eddie never empties his RV waste tank in front of your house.:roll:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
..... I believe we are done with South Walton. The frustration of rehashing last summers incident makes me realize we just need to move on and vacation some where else. We really love our pre 2007 memories of South Walton but as a tourist its not worth the effort to have to ask county officials for clarification on where we can lay a towel other than in the surf. We hear there are family friendly beaches elsewhere where deputies don't remove children from sand castles.

That pretty much says it all about the current situation and the affect it will have on the local economy. Bear in mind that a satisfied customer will tell 30 people, a dissatisfied one will continue to tell people until they reach 300!

Seriously, so glad Rosemary et al are publicizing their efforts to keep out the "riff-raff" so I know where NOT to go and spend my $$! FTLOG unpucker and you'll enjoy the beach/your vacation a lot more!

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Kristi-There is a public access on Winston Lane which defines the eastern border of Rosemary. Seacrest must have a public access, but I don't know where it is. What I mean by inappropriate use is people who do not pay a nickel to a private development but expect to use the amenities at no expense.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Just because they don't pay for lodging there doesn't mean they don't spend money in the stores, restaurants, etc. or that their tax dollars and purchases elsewhere don't also support the community. For example, it isn't the Rosemary or Alys Beach Police or Fire Department responding to emergencies!

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
You can always spot those folks....:lol: Cousin Eddie sticks out like a sore thumb at Alys Beach doesn't he? Hope he doesn't try and empty the crapper into the pretty street drains....

The kids are all jacked-up on Mountain Dew and loot the candy at Fonville:shock:

Then they stand on the access, mullets blowing in the Gulf breeze, and yell "Sheeeeit look at that big a$$ house next to that other big a$$ house!"

HEY!!! I resemble those remarks...

Love me some Vacation movies!

Did you hear about the guy last week who was going to steal gas out of an RV and put the hose in the wrong tank? :puke: The RV owner didn't even press charges because he said he had never laughed so hard in his life.

Awright, folks. Quit stereotyping and stereotyping the stereotypers. Back to illegal beaching...

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Just because they don't pay for lodging there doesn't mean they don't spend money in the stores, restaurants, etc. or that their tax dollars and purchases elsewhere don't also support the community. For example, it isn't the Rosemary or Alys Beach Police or Fire Department responding to emergencies!

Like I said, I don't think the problem is people buying a drink or lunch at Rosemary then going down to the beach. I think what was happening was that entire families staying in the Seacrest Beach development north of 30-A but abutting Rosemary would load up the car and park someplace in Rosemary and then unload for a day of fun on the beach there, using Rosemary's facilities. They did this because the deeded access for Seacrest is so packed with humanity in the busy season. Sorry, freeloading off of Rosemary isn't the right thing to do. And lest you think I live there, nope, I live in Seacrest and ride my bike to the Winston Road access when I go to the beach.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Kristi-There is a public access on Winston Lane which defines the eastern border of Rosemary. Seacrest must have a public access, but I don't know where it is. What I mean by inappropriate use is people who do not pay a nickel to a private development but expect to use the amenities at no expense.

I never knew that and have passed Winston Lane hundreds of times. Wonder where the public access sign is there? I don't believe it's even visible from 30-A there. :shock: I have only eaten there many times in the past and never used their beach access. I do appreciate your sharing the location of the public access there. Hubba and I have had young girls ask us how to get to the beach down in that area when we were ridng bikes through there. We didn't know where to tell them except 2 miles back in Seacrest? :dunno:They had been scared by some big dogs loose at the front of a gated community they had just tried to access the beach thru? They looked like nice young girls, just scared and frustrated because they couldn't get to the beach. It's just ridunkulous! Wonder what guests at The new Seacrest Inn do?:dunno: I mean how do all them get to the beach? Come to think of it why do I really care? They are my rental competition. I guess because it would be nice if someone asks us again.

Seacrest public access is clearly visible from 30-A. It is about 2 miles west of Winston Lane past Alys community about a mile, still, Seacrest, not the subdivision with the big pool, the actual township. It's like the big devleopers renamed the beaches in that area. 'Alys Beach' is in Seacrest, FTLOG!!! :yikes: :love: :wave: Wonder if there is a public access between Winston Lane and Seacrest Drive? Maybe each 'actual' (township on the nat'l map beach) just has one public access. :dunno: That would explain why there is not one in Alys, right?:dunno: Maybe there is. I don't know.
Thanks for the link to the map, Beach SiO2. The map sent me an error message but I'll try again. Thanks.

Last edited:

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I never knew that and have passed Winston Lane hundreds of times. Wonder where the public access sign is there? I don't believe it's even visible from 30-A there. :shock: I have only eaten there many times in the past and never used their beach access. I do appreciate your sharing the location of the public access there. Hubba and I have had young girls ask us how to get to the beach down in that area when we were ridng bikes through there. We didn't know where to tell them except 2 miles back in Seacrest? :dunno: Wonder if there is a public access between Winston Lane and Seacrest Drive? Maybe each 'actual' (township on the nat'l map beach) just has one public access. :dunno: That would explain why there is not one in Alys, right?:dunno: Maybe there is. I don't know.
Thanks for the link to the map, Beach SiO2. The map sent me an error message but I'll try again. Thanks.

It's at the access not up at 30 A.

The map worked for me but the short answer is there is no county maintained access from Seacrest Drive and Winston Lane due to all the land along 30-A in that area being privately-owned. The other accesses in Inlet Beach, are the main Inlet Beach Regional Access, an access at the end of Wall St., Winston Lane, and Phillips Inlet. There are also two other accesses in Seacrest

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Here is a link to the County public access points maintained by the TDC.

http://www.protectwaltoncountybeaches.com/accesses.asp

I'm confused about #12 on that list. Unless I'm misunderstanding official court documents, the Sugar Cliffs Beach Access across from Cassine was "privatized" a couple of months ago. It had been public since it was built years ago, but the owners of the property adjacent to the access found a loophole in Walton County recording documents challenged the County and Cassine Village; from what I'm understanding, they won and the access is no longer public. A letter was sent to Cassine owners by the association advising them of that fact that told they were no longer allowed to use the walkover. I guess the next step will be that the public can no longer use the beach in front of that walkover either. :bang: The nearest walkover now is One Seagrove. The document can be found at http://clerkofcourts.co.walton.fl.u...px?Request=navResult&IID=20942263&RecordID=11 I'm hoping what I'm understanding is wrong, and that your list is still accurate. The Sugar Cliffs Access was a popular walkover for Cassine Village. I hate the fact that a private homeowner can seize a public access.