• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Five Whale Sharks appeared just offshore from Grayton Beach, Florida in the first week of August in 2009. They remained in the local waters for two days. Many of the people chartering Grayton Beach fishing boats and one group of divers photographed and swam with the whales during the two-day event. A Whale Shark is not a whale (mammal) but is a gentle, non-dangerous, filter-feeding shark that is the largest living fish species.

James Griffith, a local firefighter/diver in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida captured the beautiful underwater video. The large school of bigger fish swimming with the whale shark are cobia.

Thanks to Edmond Alexander and James Griffith.

Whale sharks in the Gulf of Mexico. Located right off Watercolor Resort. Kidz Beach kids and instructor Ryan DeVore having a blast!

Whale shark video at Seagrove Beach by Austin Buzzett

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Absolutely stunning footage! Thanks to all who helped show off that grayt creature.

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
wow, that is special! look at all the cobia just hanging out with it!

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
Sowal
That is one beautiful video! Many thanks, Edmond and James! The water is so incredibly clear!

My bro-in-law actually swam with this group of whale sharks yesterday!! I am going fishing with him on Thursday and am keeping my fingers crossed that they will still be out there and that we might see them!

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Amazing. The cobia must feel some protection from the whale shark. Also interesting to notice towards the end of the video the view of the beach. She was so close to shore. Thanks Kurt.:clap:

30ARules

Beach Fanatic
Jan 16, 2006
Lawrenceville, GA
WOW! Have not lurked in a long while. Glad I decided to check in and see this. Very cool :cool:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Amazing video...thank you. Love that Capt. Mike's dog Sadie was watching the whales. How come Capt. Mike Valentino wasn't mentioned?