• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
Don't hold your breath, even if it does happen it'll have to be tea rooms and lending libraries to meet the sound level requirements the residents there require.

We live in Blue Mountain Beach, and I would rather have a tea room, coffee shop or a bookstore than 10 real estate offices. Do not blame us for trying to keep the area from becoming overdeveloped with increased traffic and less ambience. I have spoken to many tourists who say that Blue Mountain Beach is their favorite area because it lacks all that development. 30a is losing it's small town feel. Many of us are fighting to keep it.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
I believe in August the BCC passed a new Noise Ordinance to deal with......

Don't hold your breath, even if it does happen it'll have to be tea rooms and lending libraries to meet the sound level requirements the residents there require.

.... the increasing noise levels from developments like this. According to the DFSH the new noise ordinance can be enforced by the Walton county Sheriff's Office or the Code Enforcement area and it is a 24/7 ordinance. The BCC with approval of the WCSO also enhanced the rules and fines for disturbing noises after 10:00p.m. Does anyone else have any more info on the new Noise Ordinance? :cool:

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I believe that the restaurant the residents objected to included a large open air roof deck with live music.

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
I believe that the restaurant the residents objected to included a large open air roof deck with live music.

There are numerous restaurants about which residents have been complaining about the noise. Not just the one you reference. That's why the BCC strengthened the noise ordinance.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
We live in Blue Mountain Beach, and I would rather have a tea room, coffee shop or a bookstore than 10 real estate offices. Do not blame us for trying to keep the area from becoming overdeveloped with increased traffic and less ambience.

so you guys are buying it yourselves to have exactly what you want out there?