• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Have no fear, like most ordinances in Walton County, it will not be enforced. Just Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving from Mistral Condo. to Rosemary there were 13 dogs running free on our beach and ALL of them unleashed. A lot of them were large breed dogs. But again, those were the ones I saw walking that short distance. Does anyone really care? I do but it's like "beating a dead horse" to get anything done about this. I have personally been growled at, jumped on and chased but nothing will be done until there is an incident involving a dog bite. That's how it works here.

The Walton County Commission has approved allowing properly permitted dogs from out of town to enjoy the beach.

The Defuniak Herald ? OFFICIALS TAKE UP BEACH DRIVING AND DOG PERMITS
I am a dog lover and bring my dog to Seagrove with me for the winter. However, I am also a beach lover and the beaches on 30A are so beautiful I can't see why they would allow dogs on them I have never brought my dog to the beach. In addition to possibly disturbing others the dog would get too messy with all the sand. And, we keep her very clean in gratitude to the people who rent to us. Dogs are wonderful pets ( ours is only 6 lbs) but they are still just pets and should not be allowed in places enjoyed by the general public. Also, I am from up North where we pay heavy fines for not poop-scooping and I am always appalled at the "poop messes) left on lawns in lovely neighborhoods here

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Have no fear, like most ordinances in Walton County, it will not be enforced. Just Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving from Mistral Condo. to Rosemary there were 13 dogs running free on our beach and ALL of them unleashed. A lot of them were large breed dogs. But again, those were the ones I saw walking that short distance. Does anyone really care? I do but it's like "beating a dead horse" to get anything done about this. I have personally been growled at, jumped on and chased but nothing will be done until there is an incident involving a dog bite. That's how it works here.

Did you call code enforcement? If they don't know, they can't address the problem. Keep in mind there are only three of them, I think. They can't be everywhere. 622-0000