• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
Of the 32ish cases, I think SRB accounts for almost half. At first, I remember it being out-of-staters. Now, its all locals. If I were Trey Nick and the WCC, I'd want to know that rather than all this other stuff.

RL41

Beach Lover
Mar 8, 2019
30A
Watching/listening to the WCBC Emergency Meeting right now. Vacation rental owners and people who don't live or even own a property here, calling in telling the Board to open up the beaches is......amazing.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Of the 32ish cases, I think SRB accounts for almost half. At first, I remember it being out-of-staters. Now, its all locals. If I were Trey Nick and the WCC, I'd want to know that rather than all this other stuff.
Walton county has 32 cases with 8 of those being non-residents. That is 25% of all cases here. The state average is less than 3%.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Watching/listening to the WCBC Emergency Meeting right now. Vacation rental owners and people who don't live or even own a property here, calling in telling the Board to open up the beaches is......amazing.
The amount of non-residents voicing their opinions about this on social media is crazy. But hey if thats who they want to listen to.. so be it. I have been an "essential worker" for the last 6 weeks, scared everyday I go to work, my family worried about me and questioning why I am even going in. Now I might just have to go on a 6 week LOA and self-quarantine while the numbers shoot back up. I also heard that Tusa with the TDC said we are at a 2% rental rate right now..... how are we at ANY rate with the short term ban still in effect?

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
What I read said SRB accounted for 12 of 32, regardless of resident/non-resident, with 2 more probables in 48 hours. So that's +40% of infections in SRB. Just wondering why we're so high?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
What I read said SRB accounted for 12 of 32, regardless of resident/non-resident, with 2 more probables in 48 hours. So that's +40% of infections in SRB. Just wondering why we're so high?
Not sure but I had heard at first it was based on where people were being treated/tested. But then I heard it was based on the address. It was several weeks that they were ALL in SRB, then a couple in Miramar and Freeport and Defuniak came later. I think those first couple of weeks of spring break is why they were popping up on the beaches more.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Walton County BCC Directs County Attorney to Draft Language to Open Beaches on May 1st

During their 11:00 a.m. meeting on Thursday, April 23rd, the Walton County Board of County Commissioners (BCC) voted to direct the County Attorney, Sidney Noyes, to draft language regarding the opening of Walton County's beaches, and to bring he language forward at the April 28th BCC meeting for a vote.

As part of the direction, Noyes will be drafting language that would allow all Walton County Beaches to open on May 1st with no time restrictions regarding access. Additionally, the following items are to be included in the language:

Continue the ban on all beach vending
Require that social distancing guidelines as put forth by the CDC are being adhered to
Limitation of allowed activities in accordance with Governor's Executive Orders.

This item will be included on the agenda for a final vote during the BCC's regular meeting on Tuesday, April 28th at 9:00 am in the DeFuniak Springs Board Room located at 571 U.S. Highway 90 in DeFuniak Springs.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
*COVID-19 Testing Update* 4/23/2020 5:00 pm

Updated information from Walton County Emergency Management Joint Information Center (JIC). Two new cases.

Total Test Administered- 508
Total Test Negative- 473
Total Test Positive- 34
Total Test Pending- 0
*If there are pending tests from private physicians or labs they will be not be counted on here.

Updated information can also be found at:
Florida Department of Health in Walton
www.floridahealth.gov
www.cdc.gov
https://experience.arcgis.com/…/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b2…

The COVID-19 Call Center is open 24 hours a day 7-days a week (866) 779-6121 24/7 or Email - COVID-19@flhealth.gov.