• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I started off, many months ago, keeping track of the weekly positivity rates on these notices. After the formats started getting changed, I just gave up. I just started to look at it again today, and noticed they are no longer tracking the positivity rate. This, along with the fact that the positivity rate was still around 18%, seems a bit concerning. Then I noticed there were 6 deaths, due to Covid, the week before last. This is also very concerning. The general feeling, at least to me, is that the real data is being suppressed in Florida, and just possibly, in our county too. Anecdotally, I believe the CDC guidelines called for schools to open only if the positivity rate was below 5%, and I have recently heard that two teachers and the principal of Seaside School are now out with Covid.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
I started off, many months ago, keeping track of the weekly positivity rates on these notices. After the formats started getting changed, I just gave up. I just started to look at it again today, and noticed they are no longer tracking the positivity rate. This, along with the fact that the positivity rate was still around 18%, seems a bit concerning. Then I noticed there were 6 deaths, due to Covid, the week before last. This is also very concerning. The general feeling, at least to me, is that the real data is being suppressed in Florida, and just possibly, in our county too. Anecdotally, I believe the CDC guidelines called for schools to open only if the positivity rate was below 5%, and I have recently heard that two teachers and the principal of Seaside School are now out with Covid.
Walton County is still waiting on testing equipment on order. I doubt many officials here want to be responsible for sending more positives to the Governor.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Yea, I also noticed positivity rates were no longer being tracked. WTF DeSantis? was my first thought.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Yea, I also noticed positivity rates were no longer being tracked. WTF DeSantis? was my first thought.
About a month ago, Carl Bernstein started using the phrase “negligent homicide”. At first, I thought it was a little bit far-fetched, but now I think once the post-mortem investigations begin, both Trump and DeSantis are going to have to answer for their cover-ups.

Last edited:

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Screenshot_2020-11-03 America’s COVID warning system (1).png

Wondering why people in Florida are pointing at Walton County?

If you've noticed people not wearing masks, going to restaurants and bars, business as usual, acting like there is no pandemic - here is the consequence. Get you head out of the sand Walton County. Deal with it!

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
View attachment 86702

If you've noticed people not wearing masks, going to restaurants and bars, business as usual, acting like there is no pandemic - here is the consequence. Get you head out of the sand Walton County. Deal with it!
We were there the first two weeks of October. Seaside was full of teenagers on fall break. We wore our masks each time we walked to town center. Most people seemed to keep them off unless a business required them. We got our food to go until we tried Great Southern's special bar section in their tent that had separation. The kids gathered on the beach together, looking like a legendary PCB spring break. (They weren't staying at Seaside. They either got the code from someone and shared it or climbed over the fences and gates at Seaside. Our beach area wasn't crowded. We went early (7:00) and returned for sunset. This was our 2nd Seaside trip this year plus another beach trip, staying safe. We tested negative post beach trips.
We haven't eaten in a restaurant at home (Louisville) since Friday, March 13th. The same day Breonna Taylor was murdered. We grocery shop. Get food to go. We stay away from people and wear masks when out.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
View attachment 86702

The folks who live out of town and overextended themselves buying property here for AirBnB purposes have already spoken. They have asserted their right to uninterrupted rental income and fail safe investing, our health be damned. And the enlightened BCC listened. Stay safe!

Last edited: