• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

leeboy

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2015
As one that has worked in both of these professions, currently the retail end of it, I can say I am more worried about the masses of people that are here on vacation that I have seen in just the last few days that refuse to wear a mask, dont know what 6ft. is, and think "hey lets see if we can get up a group of more than 10 to go grocery shopping".I have worked beside the same people everyday for the last 2 months and would know if someone/any one in that group of people suddenly was missing and possibly sick. SO far I have been lucky and no one that I work with has gotten CoViD. But with what I witnessed this morning while trying to do my own grocery shopping, its not the locals you need to worry about. I sucked it up and went to work everyday for the last 2 months and wasnt really worried because all the locals coming in were doing the right thing but after that shopping trip this morning I feel a leave of absence because I dont feel safe anymore might be coming.
The threat from tourists bringing it here is a given. I was referring to gatherings or situations where a single person or two comes in close contact with many others and could spread it to a bunch of people. The places this is going to be happening here is in restaurants, bars, and shops. If I hear of any weddings going on that would be very disturbing.

Tyler T

Beach Lover
Aug 24, 2010
I have a question: if you live with one or more people and none of you have gotten sick or shown symptoms, isn't it logical that none of you are asymptomatic because that person didn't pass it to the others in the household?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I have a question: if you live with one or more people and none of you have gotten sick or shown symptoms, isn't it logical that none of you are asymptomatic because that person didn't pass it to the others in the household?
Exactly. That is the way I feel about the people I work with everyday. None of us or our family members have gotten sick so .....

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
May 24

Walton County Emergency Operations Center - Joint Information Center – COVID-19 Case Update

As of today's Florida Department of Health – Walton County update, Walton County has 6 additional positive cases over the weekend. This brings Walton County's to a total of 1,611 total tests conducted resulting in 106 positives and 1,501 negatives.

We have 1 additional death today, bringing Walton County's total to 8.

As of today's update, 58 cases are either residents or staff that have tested positive from the Chautauqua Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.

DeFuniak Springs (69)
Santa Rosa Beach (12)
Freeport (5)
Miramar Beach (3)
Ponce de Leon (2)
Paxton (1)
Non-Residents (14)

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
May 22
As of today's Florida Department of Health – Walton County update, Walton County has 3 additional positive cases. This brings Walton County's to a total of 1,418 total tests conducted resulting in 100 positives and 1,314 negatives.
As of today's update, 54 cases are either residents or staff that have tested positive from the Chautauqua Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.

DeFuniak Springs (64)
Santa Rosa Beach (12)
Freeport (5)
Miramar Beach (3)
Paxton (1)
Non-Residents (15)

May 24
As of today's Florida Department of Health – Walton County update, Walton County has 6 additional positive cases over the weekend. This brings Walton County's to a total of 1,611 total tests conducted resulting in 106 positives and 1,501 negatives.
As of today's update, 58 cases are either residents or staff that have tested positive from the Chautauqua Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.

DeFuniak Springs (69)
Santa Rosa Beach (12)
Freeport (5)
Miramar Beach (3)
Ponce de Leon (2)
Paxton (1)
Non-Residents (14)

6 additional - 4 in nursing home, 2 in Ponce de Leon, 1 fewer non-resident

If there is anyone working in health care in SoWal please let us know what you're seeing in your location.

Tyler T

Beach Lover
Aug 24, 2010
That's a lot of new test results. I wonder if the free drive-up results are starting to come in.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
For the first time in months there are no reported deaths from Covid in Lombardy, Italy, the hardest hit region in Europe.
renderTimingPixel.png

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
MAy 25

Walton County Emergency Operations Center - Joint Information Center – COVID-19 Case Update

As of today's Florida Department of Health – Walton County update, Walton County has 6 additional positive cases over the weekend. This brings Walton County's to a total of 1,648 total tests conducted resulting in 108 positives and 1,536 negatives.

We have 0 additional deaths today, bringing Walton County's total to 8.

DeFuniak Springs (70)
Santa Rosa Beach (13)
Freeport (5)
Miramar Beach (3)
Ponce de Leon (2)
Paxton (1)
Non-Residents (14)

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
We were averaging about 2.8 new cases per day for May, then 3 for last 2 weeks, and we now average 4 per day for the last week.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
We were averaging about 2.8 new cases per day for May, then 3 for last 2 weeks, and we now average 4 per day for the last week.
If you remove the nursing home cases, and non-residents, you'll see we've only had a few in SoWal (including Freeport). I'm interested in seeing are all the results from the free drive-up testing, which is still going on. New positives might be due to that and increased testing.