• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Say what you want about our local government but I admire the courage to do the right thing. The Constitution should not prevent public access to our life affirming natural resources just so a few billionaires don't have to see other human life forms enjoying the beauty of nature. If we continue this exclusive path that limits only the rich to our natural resources it will lead to rebellion as it has all through history. The hypocrisy from Scott and Huckabee using their power and wealth to preserve the wonderment of life for themselves at the expense of everyone else is sickening. I know Huckabee moved but I had conversations with him or his syncophants in this forum and I know how he thinks. I listened to his arguments but he is too mighty to listen to our arguments. Yes there should be rules of behavior at or in our natural resources but no those resources should not be limited to a select few.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I agree with Matt. Although I still don't understand the specifics of this "settlement", I think it is "generally" giving about 20 feet from the water's edge, in SOME areas, for the public to use. Hardly good news. More like our county caving in.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Yep. The details of the settlement have not been ade public yet. Let's wait and see what our fearless leaders are agreeing to on our behalf.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
You might want to hear the settlement before you go praising anyone.
What is the settlement? If they got 20 feet up from the wet sand I will take it. It would have been nice to get 50 feet but they could have lost in court and got nothing. We knew there would be a settlement.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
What is the settlement? If they got 20 feet up from the wet sand I will take it. It would have been nice to get 50 feet but they could have lost in court and got nothing. We knew there would be a settlement.

They haven't released it yet and that's what I'm afraid of. Keep in mind only one sitting commissioner was there when this was filed and only two represent the beach.

If all the parcels in it get to go fully private the for sale signs will pop up faster than dandelions. It'll create such a restriction for non gulf rentals and homes it might just kill this place.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
They haven't released it yet and that's what I'm afraid of. Keep in mind only one sitting commissioner was there when this was filed and only two represent the beach.

If all the parcels in it get to go fully private the for sale signs will pop up faster than dandelions. It'll create such a restriction for non gulf rentals and homes it might just kill this place.
I may have a way of finding out about the settlement. It depends on the Judge and his process. I am holding out hope for the 20 feet.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
The only motion that has been filed is a motion to continue by the county so all we really know is what the commissioners have said about the proposed settlement agreement. It sounds like there are some details left to work out and the commissioners are testing the water with the public.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I may have a way of finding out about the settlement. It depends on the Judge and his process. I am holding out hope for the 20 feet.
The article that I got the "20 feet" from also stated that some homeowners would opt out of that agreement, meaning, I suppose, the county will continue their lawsuits against them. So, it's highly unlikely that "renters from the second tier" would fit on 20' interrupted by zero feet in many places.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB

Already dead. Just fighting over scraps.

But values will continue to go up, renters or no renters. South of 98 is going to be a gated enclave with the gate being cost to visit/live in many ways.