• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Tyler T

Beach Lover
Aug 24, 2010
They say all real estate is local. I often wonder what the future holds for South Walton real estate. It's crazy right now.

What do you guys think?

I see more and more old homes replaced with big new ones. And fewer and fewer vacant lots along 30A. I see the parcels north of 98 filling in with houses and apartments while the areas south of 98 becoming more and more expensive and along 30A becoming more and more gated, exclusive and beyond expensive.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
They say all real estate is local. I often wonder what the future holds for South Walton real estate. It's crazy right now.

What do you guys think?

I see more and more old homes replaced with big new ones. And fewer and fewer vacant lots along 30A. I see the parcels north of 98 filling in with houses and apartments while the areas south of 98 becoming more and more expensive and along 30A becoming more and more gated, exclusive and beyond expensive.
I think it's a seller's market right now. Prices seem really inflated.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
I think it's a seller's market right now. Prices seem really inflated.
Looking at the numbers, the scarcity of properties, it definitley is a sellers' market. A lot of quick close all cash deails also. Appraisals are lagging behind the surge and come in low so people just pay cash or mostly cash. Prices are rising. If you are looking to buy you may not find much.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
At some point we'll return to a "normal" rsising market but the pandemic has changed a lot where people can live and where they WANT to live. I think it shook up a lot of folks and they're thinking like WHY NOT live at the beach??!!

Everything in a gated community or waterfront is getting snapped up. They are safe bets - any waterfront not just gulf but bay and bayou, and gated communities like watersound, lakeplace, etc are going insane. Also hot spots like alys and rosemary. There are rich people who don't care what it costs. Alys Beach can't build fast enough and is getting ready to offer a ton more lots. They are scrambling to get lots on the market.