• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SUP Boarder

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2019
Seacrest
Maybe we should have something for teenagers to do when they are here. We hear about how much tax revenue brings in to south end but no one has provided anything for the kids to do at night. Family oriented seems to cater to adults only.

Maybe all the teenagers should stage a sit in during the middle of the afternoon and crowd the town center until 8:00pm.
SoWal has a lot to offer, but it's not for everyone; nor should it be. When you visit here, you should expect the relaxed lifestyle.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I think the issue is the kids don't have a choice. This is ultimately shitty parents that are likely allowing their kids to run wild while partying like college kids. Check the mugshots; I don't remember multiple arrests for child neglect, DUI with person under 12 in vehicle, domestic violence, etc.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
There are outdoor concerts and movies on the lawn, outdoor theater, and lots of other events planned for families in the early evenings, throughout the week in many places. I think it's after dark when things get crazy in certain areas. Just a whole lot of people in town. Teens congregate as they have always done. The Sheriff's office has always worked hard to keep things under control and I appreciate it. It's hard work but necessary. Usually there are a few places where they need to maintain a presence.
Small towns cannot handle the amount of crowds of any kind. Perhaps national guard troops (without weapons)?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Small towns cannot handle the amount of crowds of any kind. Perhaps national guard troops (without weapons)?
I think the Sheriff's Office has it under control. They would bring in assistance if necessary. They are the experts.

If Walton County wants to change the way spring break looks like then they will have to do hard things like PCB and other places have done. While it gets out of control during certain spring break weeks, I've only heard of a few places that have been involved.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
I think the Sheriff's Office has it under control. They would bring in assistance if necessary. They are the experts.

If Walton County wants to change the way spring break looks like then they will have to do hard things like PCB and other places have done. While it gets out of control during certain spring break weeks, I've only heard of a few places that have been involved.
If there are only certain weeks/cities/schools then I guess you guys are good. When we were there in 2010, my husband was still teaching, so our public schools were there. Also, apparently each parochial school had a neighborhood and they are out the same time. Anyway, back then, it was crowded & we decided to not return. There were 2 cars set on fire (one near Charlie's house). FYI Louisville's spring break starts April 2. Hopefully there's not bad behavior.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
I remember when we only had one or two busy spring break weeks. Now it's a couple of months. And Fall break. And winter break. etc. I don't mean that SoWal has gotten more popular, which it obviously has, I'm referring to expanded breaks. Long weekends too.

America is changing.