• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Update

Due to the number of requests for Vaccinations, we have exceeded the number of available vaccines. If you do not receive a call back, there are no available appointments. We do look forward to receiving additional doses very soon and we will advise you as soon as we do. Stay tuned to social media and our websites (Walton County and FDOH-Walton) for appointment availability.

kwalsh0001

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2006
SRB
Update

COVID-19 Senior Vaccination Appointment Request Form

Due to the technical difficulties and high call volume, if you are 65 or older and would like to schedule a COVID-19 Vaccination Appointment, please complete the following form. Information will be received by the Department of Health - Walton County and Health Department Staff will contact you based on appointment availability.

COVID-19 65+ Vaccination Appointment Request Form

Ahem..... actually, if you try the above link to find the Request Form mentioned, this is what ya will get:

The form COVID-19 65+ Vaccination Appointment Request Form is no longer accepting responses.
Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake.

(Mounting frustration with this whole kabuki......)

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Ahem..... actually, if you try the above link to find the Request Form mentioned, this is what ya will get:

The form COVID-19 65+ Vaccination Appointment Request Form is no longer accepting responses.
Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake.

(Mounting frustration with this whole kabuki......)
Right. As posted above they are not taking appointments until further notice.

Due to the number of requests for Vaccinations, we have exceeded the number of available vaccines. If you do not receive a call back, there are no available appointments. We do look forward to receiving additional doses very soon and we will advise you as soon as we do. Stay tuned to social media and our websites (Walton County and FDOH-Walton) for appointment availability.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Since my general assessment of the incompetence of County Government was pretty much confirmed today, in the laughable roll-out of the vaccine, does anybody know the particulars about when it might be available at hospitals and pharmacies?

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Minuscule number of doses makes one wonder why they even bother. Particularly if antibodies don’t last. Political expediency is driving this debacle from the beginning to the end. This is the first thing that is actually making me mad, I wish there was someone to grab and shake.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Minuscule number of doses makes one wonder why they even bother. Particularly if antibodies don’t last. Political expediency is driving this debacle from the beginning to the end. This is the first thing that is actually making me mad, I wish there was someone to grab and shake.
I boiled it down to this: I have a whole lot more faith in the scientists and doctors that made and tested the vaccines than in any of the government agencies, under this administration, that are suppose to be administering the vaccines. The politicization of this medical problem is probably the biggest disappointment of my lifetime. It goes without saying that I'm really angry about it.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
If you want to put it in logical political terms. If Trump lost the popular vote in 2016 by almost 4 million votes, when we didn't really have a great fix on what he was, why would it be so unbelievable that he lost the popular vote by 8 million votes, when we now know what he is, and have had to endure the worst performance by a president in the history of our country?

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
If you want to put it in logical political terms. If Trump lost the popular vote in 2016 by almost 4 million votes, when we didn't really have a great fix on what he was, why would it be so unbelievable that he lost the popular vote by 8 million votes, when we now know what he is, and have had to endure the worst performance by a president in the history of our country?
He believes that election was rigged and he actually won the popular vote in 2016. There is no situation he would accept where he could possibly be a loser.

kwalsh0001

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2006
SRB
Probably best to keep this thread focused on the mechanics of COVID vaccine rollout, to better understand this kabuki. Politics behind all this is a way, way, way different (and onerous) subject.

I only have an advanced degree in weak force nuclear physics, so I have to keep the rollout in simple terms to cope with it

Teresa, you seem best informed on this whole exercise, especially when the phone and internet links are having issues. (Tried calling the Defuniak phone number this AM and got continuing blocks and recordings.) My frustration:

1. Read about the "call in" for appointments last Friday. Tried calling in a bunch of times yesterday (which probably made me part of the culprits in the phone problem). The DOH had said the phone call-in was "the right way to go".

2. Decided to go to the DOH annex is SoWal yesterday late AM, to try to get an appointment in person. Found out their system was down, but they took my name/phone as "the right way to go" to end up on the list (and yes, they advised there were still vaccine doses available).

3. Heard later yesterday, I needed an Appointment Schedule Form as "the right way to go".....but there was only a broken link to the form.......(and quite honestly, yesterday afternoon was the first I had heard of such a form.....)

In the vacuum of "real" info forthcoming from the DOH (perhaps it needs to be renamed "DUH") do you have any idea what the next "right way to go" might be.

No need to respond directly..... Just looking for way to release some of my frustrations. After all this rollout ain't "rocket science"..... or (at least) should NOT be.....

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
Probably best to keep this thread focused on the mechanics of COVID vaccine rollout, to better understand this kabuki. Politics behind all this is a way, way, way different (and onerous) subject.

I only have an advanced degree in weak force nuclear physics, so I have to keep the rollout in simple terms to cope with it

Teresa, you seem best informed on this whole exercise, especially when the phone and internet links are having issues. (Tried calling the Defuniak phone number this AM and got continuing blocks and recordings.) My frustration:

1. Read about the "call in" for appointments last Friday. Tried calling in a bunch of times yesterday (which probably made me part of the culprits in the phone problem). The DOH had said the phone call-in was "the right way to go".

2. Decided to go to the DOH annex is SoWal yesterday late AM, to try to get an appointment in person. Found out their system was down, but they took my name/phone as "the right way to go" to end up on the list (and yes, they advised there were still vaccine doses available).

3. Heard later yesterday, I needed an Appointment Schedule Form as "the right way to go".....but there was only a broken link to the form.......(and quite honestly, yesterday afternoon was the first I had heard of such a form.....)

In the vacuum of "real" info forthcoming from the DOH (perhaps it needs to be renamed "DUH") do you have any idea what the next "right way to go" might be.

No need to respond directly..... Just looking for way to release some of my frustrations. After all this rollout ain't "rocket science"..... or (at least) should NOT be.....
Kwalsh..My experience yesterday was identical to yours… The only way this could be expedited in some kind of an effective manner is allowing the private sector...pharmacies and physicians to handle it..the department of health is a disaster. Also I agree to keep this thread on target..keep the political crap out of it..most of these guys who are contributing to this thread are in the lounge 24 hours a day