• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Florida Office of the Governor Executive Order 21-62 Updates COVID-19 Vaccination Protocol

On Monday, March 9th, the Office of the Governor of Florida released Executive Order 21-62. This order amends EO 20-315 – Vaccination Administration/Protecting Florida’s Seniors.

This new Executive Order expands the scope of those that now qualify for vaccination. The new populations are as follows:

• Persons 60 years of age and older
  • Health care personnel with direct patient contact
Additionally, the following text is included in the Executive Order.

• All individuals authorized by law to administer COVID-19 vaccines may vaccinate persons determined by a physician to be extremely venerable to COVID-19. Such physician determinations shall include a statement that the patient meets the defined eligibility criteria established by a form prescribed by the Florida Department of Health.
To preregister and be notified when vaccine appointments are available, visit https://myvaccine.fl.gov/. Florida residency is required.

The myvaccine.fl.gov website allows individuals who are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine to be proactively contacted when vaccine appointments are available in the county. On the site, residents can select Walton County and submit their contact information. Once appointments are available, individuals will be contacted by phone call, text or email and will be assisted in scheduling an appointment.

Required Eligibility Form

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Notice from Publix:

A new federal directive prioritizes employees in the education field for COVID-19 vaccine appointments. The directive includes teachers, school staff, and childcare workers employed in preprimary, primary, and secondary schools as well as Head Start and Early Head Start programs (including teachers, staff, and bus drivers) and those who work as or for licensed childcare providers, including center-based and family care providers.

Educators regardless of age will be given priority for COVID-19 vaccine appointments until further notice. As a result, wait times for other eligible groups may be longer than normal.

COVID-19 Vaccine in Florida

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Florida Office of the Governor Executive Order 21-62 Updates COVID-19 Vaccination Protocol
On Monday, March 9th, the Office of the Governor of Florida released Executive Order 21-62. This order amends EO 20-315 – Vaccination Administration/Protecting Florida’s Seniors.
This new Executive Order expands the scope of those that now qualify for vaccination. The new populations are as follows:
- Persons 60 years of age and older
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact
Additionally, the following text is included in the Executive Order.
- All individuals authorized by law to administer COVID-19 vaccines may vaccinate persons determined by a physician to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19. Such physician determinations shall include a statement that the patient meets the defined eligibility criteria established by a form prescribed by the Florida Department of Health.
To preregister and be notified when vaccine appointments are available, visit https://myvaccine.fl.gov/. Florida residency is required.
The myvaccine.fl.gov website allows individuals who are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine to be proactively contacted when vaccine appointments are available in the county. On the site, residents can select Walton County and submit their contact information. Once appointments are available, individuals will be contacted by phone call, text or email and will be assisted in scheduling an appointment.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Beginning April 5, anyone 18 years of older and a resident of Florida is eligible for the vaccine.

While increased access to vaccines is on the horizon, it is critical we remain vigilant with mask usage and physical distancing. We must stay the course and continue to engage strategies that have helped us get to this point in protecting the health and safety of our community. Do it for yourself -- and for all of us!

Q: Am I immune as soon as I’m vaccinated? Can I still get COVID-19?
A:
After you are vaccinated with both doses, you should develop immunity in approximately one to two weeks. Therefore, it is possible to be infected with COVID-19 just before or just after vaccination and then get sick because the vaccine has not had enough time to provide protection. You should continue to physically distance yourself and wear your mask.

Q: Can I get COVID-19 from the vaccine?
A:
Absolutely not. There is no live virus in the COVID-19 vaccine.

Q: Do I need to wear a mask after I am vaccinated?
A:
Yes. Vaccines may boost your immune system, so it is ready to fight the virus if you are exposed, but it is not yet fully understood whether vaccinated people might still be able to transmit the virus.

Q: Should I get vaccinated if I have already had COVID-19?
A:
Vaccines are recommended for longer-lasting immunity. We do recommend that you get vaccinated even if you previously had COVID-19.

ALL PERSONS 50 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THE FREE VACCINE IN FLORIDA

Florida has many sites providing COVID-19 vaccine free to residents. Use the vaccine finder to find a site near you. Supplies are limited and appointments may be required. Vaccines are free at all locations. The following groups are now eligible:
  • Persons 50 years of age and older;
  • Persons determined to be extremely vulnerable by a physician (form required);
  • Health care workers with direct patient contact;
  • Long-term care facility residents and staff.

Last edited: