• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Candidate - the term used BEFORE someone is elected. I think Matt is referring to the dark money that flowed in to candidate accounts from south Florida.
I can say with certainty, I have asked every candidate and those who are current Commissioners that question going as far back as Commissioner Comander was running the first time. NOT ONE HAD BEEN IN FAVOR OF INCREASING THE HEIGHT LIMIT.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
I can say with certainty, I have asked every candidate and those who are current Commissioners that question going as far back as Commissioner Comander was running the first time. NOT ONE HAD BEEN IN FAVOR OF INCREASING THE HEIGHT LIMIT.
All I'm saying is no one is going to tell you they are for it anymore than they will tell you they are for AIDS.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
All I'm saying is no one is going to tell you they are for it anymore than they will tell you they are for AIDS.
But that wasn't what I read Matt J to say. I understand your point and would agree except that wasn't part of the discussion. And by your own statement, Matt J could have to be accepting of both because politicians are gonna do what politicians are gonna do.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
But that wasn't what I read Matt J to say. I understand your point and would agree except that wasn't part of the discussion. And by your own statement, Matt J could have to be accepting of both because politicians are gonna do what politicians are gonna do.

If they weren't in favor of it why take money from condo developers?

If I follow your line of logic a candidate could be entirely funded by beach front homeowners, but as long as they say they're for customary use....

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
If they weren't in favor of it why take money from condo developers?

If I follow your line of logic a candidate could be entirely funded by beach front homeowners, but as long as they say they're for customary use....
I understand that politicians can lie, but what you implied was firing Tusa was acceptable tradeoff for no change in high-rise restrictions. All I was pointing out was everyone one, Candidate and Commissioner that I have ever talked to have said they would never support it. Even the one Candidate who advised he would have to see what his constitutes would say about a lot of different issues, was pretty solid on no change in high rise.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
I understand that politicians can lie, but what you implied was firing Tusa was acceptable tradeoff for no change in high-rise restrictions. All I was pointing out was everyone one, Candidate and Commissioner that I have ever talked to have said they would never support it. Even the one Candidate who advised he would have to see what his constitutes would say about a lot of different issues, was pretty solid on no change in high rise.
I get where you are coming from. Everyone is against it until they are for it. Perhaps the push for the super majority requirement was a better indicator that they are against repealing height limits?
Did that get passed?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I get where you are coming from. Everyone is against it until they are for it. Perhaps the push for the super majority requirement was a better indicator that they are against repealing height limits?
Did that get passed?
Good question.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Did that get passed?
According to Commissioner Glidewell it passed 5 to 0.

Professor

Beach Comber
May 20, 2021
Santa Rosa Beach
Will be interesting to see if another Louisiana connected person is installed in this position..

Want to have some fun? Study the Louisiana connections of some of the powerful folks here..

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Will be interesting to see if another Louisiana connected person is installed in this position..

Want to have some fun? Study the Louisiana connections of some of the powerful folks here..
I think it would be good fun to see if the current county commissioners could locate Louisiana on a map. I bet at least two could not.