• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Walton Victory Center Closing?

New posts
Oh my Goodness.

Democratic "Class" is on the rise.

That will bring on alot of controversy among the faithful. Two attacks in two days. Is the sign on the way to the "Bash"?


FYI: the "Bash" is next week, and no one who is organizing the "Bash" would ever show so little class as to deface a sign of an opposing candidate.

None of these people (or any Obama supporter I associate with) would also ever put McCain's face on the arse of an elephant and beat it until it exploded.

If that puts us in a different ''class" as your group, then I'm proud to be there.
 
Last edited:
All of this over a pinata. Perhaps they should have played Pin the Tail on the Donkey instead.
 
You are definitely in a class of you own. My thoughts are with you and yours.

PS Registered democrats also helped with the Republian Rally.
 
IG, as I am out there placing signs there are a couple of things I don't do, 1. I don't mess with other peoples signs, and 2, I won't place my signs in front of or in anyway interfere with the veiw of another candidates signs. I will say that those who vandilized at the Oz or otherwised attempt to damage, deface or remove a candidates sign without permission have no class either.
 
Wrobert
Meant it would have been classier if you had left the picture of Senator Obama off the ass. What you do to a symbol I could care less, the picture showed the party lacked class.
 
IG, as I am out there placing signs there are a couple of things I don't do, 1. I don't mess with other peoples signs, and 2, I won't place my signs in front of or in anyway interfere with the veiw of another candidates signs. I will say that those who vandilized at the Oz or otherwised attempt to damage, deface or remove a candidates sign without permission have no class either.


As I understand it, the notebook paper signs were taped to the Victory Center windows, which is next door to Oz.
 
I'm sure presidential candidates' faces have been put on the donkey and the elephant pinata for decades....come on kids. :roll:
 
Oh my Goodness.

Democratic "Class" is on the rise.

That will bring on alot of controversy among the faithful. Two attacks in two days. Is the sign on the way to the "Bash"?

it isn't a matter of "class" or party affiliation. its a simple matter of right and wrong.

actually, in the case of an obama face on a pinata - it does sound a lot like anger and desperation. I am sure the people doing the deed were only releasing some frustration. if you've ever seen a bunch of people whacking away at any pinata with sticks (they are almost impossible to break open), you may be disturbed by what it looks like (I know it disturbs me especially when children are going at it - I know that sounds silly but it does LOOK awful to me), even with no faces on it. but, I guess that is just a matter of how you feel about pinatas in general. its a rather violent activity, imo. very bizarre.

Personally, whatever folks want to do to share an experience - well its their call. we were not there. it sounds disturbing to me, especially when you think of the symbolism. but, you can only worry about what you do, not others. I can feel good knowing that this would never happen at the Walton Demo HQ. Obama does set a completely different kind of tone for his campaign.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top