• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Walton Victory Center Closing?

New posts
Will I have to give my corrugated metal Obama sign back if I say I think the Repubs putting an opposing candidate's picture on a pinata's arse is funny?

Considering all the crap that has been going on and all the ridonkulous rumors, I think humorous things like that are just good fun.
 
Will I have to give my corrugated metal Obama sign back if I say I think the Repubs putting an opposing candidate's picture on a pinata's arse is funny?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I wasn't offended by the act. I just wouldn't do it myself.
 
Yes, perhaps.


John R, I'm going to put your face on a pinata for starting this thread.

you betcha.
Palin.jpg
 
It showed extremely poor taste and judgment, esp, in light of the fact that a person running for school board was holding an effigy of a presidential candidate for a child/student to hit. It's not that different than the incidents you see of other countries burning effigies of our leaders, which I don't think anybody takes as a humorous event.
 
My Oh My - The next thing to happen is someone will find Dodge Ball offensive and ban it fro school playgrounds.

Give me a "Hockey Mom" over a "Soccer Mom" everytime.
 
I'm sure presidential candidates' faces have been put on the donkey and the elephant pinata for decades....come on kids. :roll:
They are not bright enough or old enough to know all, or for that matter any, of poitricks that often occur during the run up to elections. Not only that, it was totally a partisan event and was not suppose to be for the opposition. While I certainly am not in favor of the picture of Obama on a pinata, I certainly defend the right of a partisan group to express their displeasure with the other candidate. Get real, people! Too many of you are way overboard as far as the acts regarding this election are concerned. Skunkape and Rapunzel, you are definitely to be lauded and commended for your actions. I, for one, thank you, not so much for what you did, but for being aware that an election is just that, an election. And we will all go on after it, even though personally I think if Obama is elected it will be disasterous for those of us who have worked and strived all our lives to save and be judicious in our financial actions so that we can live the good life. I do not believe in "wealth redistribution" and that is what I see coming if Obama is elected. However, as an American, I am prepared to gripe loudly about it but accept it as the will of the populace. And then it is also my right to critize, condemn and berate the consequenses afterward should my opinion turn out to be correct.
 
My Oh My - The next thing to happen is someone will find Dodge Ball offensive and ban it fro school playgrounds.
.

many schools already don't allow it b/c kids get their feelings hurt. :roll: whatever.


As far as the pinata. I think some people are just too uptight about the election. I know it is important but some funn must be had or we will ALL go insane. I passed around a photo at the soiree which some Palin supporters would probably (and maybe did) find offensive. It is all in good funn. Andy A and Wrobert, did it offend you....:idontno::lol:


Punzy and Skunky you are certainly good peeps for doing what you did. I commend you, some people would have just laughed and went about their way.

I must go, I am creating a pin the american flag pin on Obama for Halloween nights party....:biggrin: (JK)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top