• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

debesquire

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2010
Several weeks ago I ordered a to go charcuterie board from Grand Boulevard Wine Bar. It was generously filled with a an assortment of items that were nicely arranged on a large round tray with a plastic cover. In short: A good presentation and a good value. This afternoon I ordered to go the almost $60 ($70 with tip) “Grand Cru Board” charcuterie board from WaterColor Wine Bar. Picked it up on my way to the event I was attending. The charcuterie was very minimal and one of the cheeses was not the one I ordered. But, most disturbing, was the “presentation”- or actually the lack thereof. When I saw the stack of cardboard sandwich takeout containers I told the person behind the counter that I had expected a nicely arranged tray like I had gotten at Grand Boulevard Wine Bar. He was very flippant and said if I had wanted a tray I had to ask for one when I ordered and pay an “up charge”. I arrived at the event with this stack of takeout containers and had to ask the hostess for something to arrange the container contents on, then spent the first few minutes moving their contents to the plate she provided.. I have tried several times to call WaterColor Wine Bar to discuss my disappointment (and suggest they remove the word “board” from “Grand Cru Board” and perhaps replace it with “pile”) but have not yet gotten anyone to answer the phone. Before anyone tells me I should have just made the board myself in the first place let me say that I often do that but had several reasons that was not a good option for me today. Unfortunately, as it turned out, neither was buying one from Watercolor Wine Bar.
My charcuterie “board”:A8CA1728-D0C2-4916-8328-C622AA5E49AE.jpeg

Last edited:

debesquire

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2010
You should talk to the owner or manager. Posting on the internet will not help.
Thank you for that observation and suggestion. As I said in my post, I tried to do that earlier today by phone, without success. But I intend to try again in the near future. As to whether or not that will help….who knows? However, my exchange with the person at the restaurant ( who may or may not have been “management”) when I picked up my order does not make me optimistic. He didn’t seem to see why I had a problem with anything and was, in fact, pretty dismissive when I told him this was not what I expected based upon my experience at Grand Boulevard Wine Bar. The point of my post was not to help change the restaurant’s behavior but rather to help others avoid replicating my disappointing experience. Online reviews influence my consumer choices and I appreciate those who take the time to post them (which I seldom do).
By the way, in the thread title and my original post I referred to “wine world”. I “misspoke”. It is wine BAR (not World) and I edited my original post to make that correction.

Last edited:

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Each location is operated differently. I guess you should have oerdered from the same place if you expected the same thing.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
You should talk to the owner or manager. Posting on the internet will not help.
Disagree, it does help. Helps us avoid a similar experience.
She had a disappointing purchase at a shop and tried to discuss it with management without success.
I appreciate the review.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Both wine bars are ultimately owned by Chan Cox. Call the Wine World in Destin across from the Commons and ask to speak to him. He's pretty good about making it right.

debesquire

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2010
I
Each location is operated differently. I guess you should have oerdered from the same place if you expected the same thing.
I didn’t expect exactly the same thing. But I didn’t expect THAT (from ANYWHERE) when something is advertised as a “board”. Most places these days take pride in their charcuterie boards since they are the current “thing”.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I

I didn’t expect exactly the same thing. But I didn’t expect THAT (from ANYWHERE) when something is advertised as a “board”. Most places these days take pride in their charcuterie boards since they are the current “thing”.
Like ordering a cheese “tray” and getting styrofoam boxes of cheese.
I agree with Matt that Chan is a good business owner, but his manager should have solved this without needing his intervention.