• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
He does offer a perspective that has long been missing from the TDC and will broaden the experience and view point of that board.

And what might that be?

Misty, he owns a small business that provides services to bed collectors. That is certainly a unique perspective and one that should be represented in the decision-making process.

Garbage men provide service to bed tax collectors too as do grocery stores, beauty shops, dog groomers and many other small business. That doesn't arbitrarily make them good decision makers when it comes to an $18 million dollar budget.

I'm sorry I missed which other county boards you affirmed Nelson has been on??

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
It's my understanding too that Robert is going to N tdc, not the beloved sowal tdc.

I'm not too fond of Nelson due to his politics and special friends, but I could give a flip if he wants to get involved with dfs and their bed taxes... have at it.

The more some of these folks have something to do in their own backyards, the more they'll hopefully stay out of ours.

Nelson is a huge Sara fan. Probably has a Super Sara Action Figure somewhere.

Stay out of our parks!!!

Pay the yearly fee if you want to use them.

TDC, buy a bunch of memberships (they are cards) and run a promotion for tourists to get them...

They run about $60 a piece so the profitability margin should already exist in a desk somewhere...

Just don't give them to county employees...

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
John, more often than not I sorta agree with you but this comment...

The more some of these folks have something to do in their own backyards, the more they'll hopefully stay out of ours.

is totally out of line even for you.

South Walton belongs to Walton County...North and South. It's not exclusive to those who live or tour there and remember that the north's labor goes into making South Walton work everyday. Many folks make the trek to South Walton on a daily basis to work. We also utilize the beaches, frequent the restaurants (none up here to speak of) enjoy the entertainment and we pay just like everyone else.

Not a Nelson fan myself but for far more personal reasons. He reminds me of "Lurch" from the old "Addams Family" series.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Local, I don't believe in throwing the baby out with the bath water. Jim Bagby is a great director for the TDC and while I would rather see no TDC at all, as long as we have one, we need a director with some "smarts". We have that now. I understand the angst among the environmentalists regarding the beach access at Topsail. But in all fairness, where is the suggested access in place of it? As usual in Walton County, many are placing the cart before the horse.

If he was truly using his "smarts" then he would recognize that after the public hearing there was a vast outcry against the proposal. The people against this proposal included locals, second home owners, advocacy groups and state and federal agencies. Mr. Bagby must also request funds from the county to complete this project as they cannot justify using bed tax dollars alone due to the very low percentage of vacation rentals in the affected communities.

I'd love to see some of the commissioners justify a yes vote spending county tax dollars on this waste of time and money to their constituents north of the bay.