• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

How will you vote on the 1/2 mil transfer ?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

weeniedawg

Banned
Dec 18, 2010
Bruce
That's pretty thorough and I, for one, thank you for being so open. I wish more here were though it is a lot better in that regard than it use to be. That said, it is not the school board's job to handle personnel matters unless there is something criminal or morally incorrect involved. That is what the administration is for. I don't care what you're education is, some people make great teachers and some don't. I know because I've been subjected to both.

Would violation of the law, in particular the collective bargaining agreement qualify. The district has breached this. The collective bargaining agreement is posted on the district web site. Read article 11.5 and let me know how you interpret it. But it is obvious that this forum is for cheerleaders for Walton Politicians. The board approves personnel, but being only semi-intelligent I interpret law to be literal and not how a bunch of crooked politicians want twist it.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
This special referendum is required because voters approved a certain millage for capital improvements and now the school board wants to take some of that money and put it in the operations budget. The public, who voted on the capital millage, now can say yes or no for transferring the funds for teacher salaries and for operations.

Unlike most of us in handling our own finances-- we sometimes have to use money we had set aside for a special project just to pay ordinary bills--the school board cannot do that without voter approval.

In these very difficult economic times when the state has cut out over a billion dollars in education funding, I urge voters to give the local board the permission to use the funds already allocated so teachers and programs won't have to be cut.

My young granddaughter is attending public school next year. She would be cheated if art and music and other so-called "accessory programs" were not offered to her.

Thank you for the excellent explanation of why a YES vote is important. Along with state budget cuts, everyone needs to remember how the tax revenue has tanked as well---

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
This special referendum is required because voters approved a certain millage for capital improvements and now the school board wants to take some of that money and put it in the operations budget. The public, who voted on the capital millage, now can say yes or no for transferring the funds for teacher salaries and for operations.

Unlike most of us in handling our own finances-- we sometimes have to use money we had set aside for a special project just to pay ordinary bills--the school board cannot do that without voter approval.

In these very difficult economic times when the state has cut out over a billion dollars in education funding, I urge voters to give the local board the permission to use the funds already allocated so teachers and programs won't have to be cut.

My young granddaughter is attending public school next year. She would be cheated if art and music and other so-called "accessory programs" were not offered to her.

The voters have never voted for or approved a certain millage for capital improvements in Walton County. There has never been such a question on a ballot in this county in the last thirty years I have been voting here.

I have voted yes on this question multiple times though both this year and past.

MommaMia

Beach Lover
Apr 15, 2009
Bob, I was referencing Mark's previous post . . . ."As you know, the capital outlay budget is a budget where we can levy up to 2.0 mills for construction and maintenance of buildings. We have to ask the voters permission for the transfer every four years. This is the third time we have asked. When we first received permission from the voters to do this, we simultaneously reduced the capital outlay millage by the one half mill so there would not be a tax increase. In fact, since that time, we lowered the capital outlay millage again. So, this is not a tax increase. Just a transfer from one pot of money to the other. . ."

Did I miss the point?

weeniedawg

Banned
Dec 18, 2010
Bruce
It would appear that anyone who doesn't support this effort is an unwanted annoyance and is guilty of stalking and harassment. There are many things I don't support and it would seem that this thread be left to those who wish to preach to the choir. I often engage in debate with people on other forums and on facebook. If anyone wishes to file a complaint against me, either civil or criminal, I do believe I've made it easy.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
It would appear that anyone who doesn't support this effort is an unwanted annoyance and is guilty of stalking and harassment. There are many things I don't support and it would seem that this thread be left to those who wish to preach to the choir. I often engage in debate with people on other forums and on facebook. If anyone wishes to file a complaint against me, either civil or criminal, I do believe I've made it easy.

:violin:

You have been asked to start a new thread with your off topic complaint multiple times. It is a simple request...are you up for the task?