• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

How will you vote on the 1/2 mil transfer ?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I voted today and I have reminded everyone I know to go and vote yes for the transfer.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I heard that they were going to build a $6 million dollar stadium. Is that correct?

This referendum is of immediate concern, so maybe start a new thread with questions about the stadium? I have heard something about it, and I have questions about is as well, but let's not muddy this discussion as it important for people to understand THIS issue. Thanks!

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Bob, I was referencing Mark's previous post . . . ."As you know, the capital outlay budget is a budget where we can levy up to 2.0 mills for construction and maintenance of buildings. We have to ask the voters permission for the transfer every four years. This is the third time we have asked. When we first received permission from the voters to do this, we simultaneously reduced the capital outlay millage by the one half mill so there would not be a tax increase. In fact, since that time, we lowered the capital outlay millage again. So, this is not a tax increase. Just a transfer from one pot of money to the other. . ."

Did I miss the point?

Probably not but the school board set the millage rate, not the voters.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Heavy turn out folks. 20 people voted early today at the South Walton Annex.

Please go exercise your right and responsibility to participate in government !

Nope. Not up to your high standards!

I don't think I can be called a pawn of the politicians by any stretch. In fact, I tend to support the vote um all out and start over approach. But, your anger is hurting your cause more than it is helping. If you want to influence people, take the advise and start a new thread outlining your issue. Many people will listen but you have to be reasonable.
As far as the school board, Mark Davis is one of the few local politicians I have any regard for. I believe he would listen to your concerns.
Back to the subject of this thread. Voting YES is a no-brainer. Taxes are not raised, money is only transfered from one line item to another. The sad thing is that this must be voted on at all, the school board should have the ability to make this decision on their own.
A parting thought: I would like to hear the facts on this 6 million dollar stadium rumor.

weeniedawg

Banned
Dec 18, 2010
Bruce
I hesitate to post at all since it seems that the quality of teachers is not on point. My position is one of frustration and disillusionment. My wife has had a career that she loved taken from her by this district. I agree that Mr. Davis is a stand up guy and he has listened to my concerns and has had the courtesty to respond. My wife said that she wasn't going to vote at all. I'll reserve my decision as a personal one. Sorry for muddying your water. It won't be necessary to admonish me any further for posting what you deem as off topic bravo sierra.