Welcome krafty! Are you krafty...if so you and Mermaid will be good buds...she is krafty as well! How do you get down to SoWal and how did you hear of it?
I will try to give the short version of a long story. My brother in Salt Lake met his second wife 7 years ago. She grew up in the Destin area so they decided to get married there. We did a lot of traveling when I was growing up and we had been to the "other" Florida but never the panhandle. So my daughter (who is now 13) and I went down there that May. As soon as we got to the rental house I called my husband (he is a HS teacher and wasn't able to go) and told him he HAD to see this area. I could not believe how beautiful it was. I know landlocked is land-locked, but ND is REALLY land- locked! (FYI: Rugby ND is the geographical center of North America!) So the beach to me is.......I can't even describe how much I appreciate it's beauty.
So now no matter what other traveling we do we have an understanding that we do a week in SoWal every year. He and my daughter golf and love Camp Creek so it's not a hardship for them either! We all love it there.
Thanks for asking!
As far as being krafty...I'll get back to you on that. ;-)