• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
5, 11, 15, 23, 50.......

Those are the number of Walton County foreclosure filings for December 16th through the 23rd for 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 respectively.

The foreclosure data is currently being distorted by the moratorium Crist called for. We really don't know what's going on. Honestly I think the moratorium was a huge mistake, a signifigant percentage of sales are foreclosures. Freezing foreclosure proceedings will only stall the correction and hurt people who sell for a living.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
I think it will all be ok... It may suck but in the end we will all be ok, no matter what happens. Merry Christmas! :D

As long as you have those beautiful ladies kissing you (tar), it's all good? :clap:

The foreclosure data is currently being distorted by the moratorium Crist called for. We really don't know what's going on. Honestly I think the moratorium was a huge mistake, a signifigant percentage of sales are foreclosures. Freezing foreclosure proceedings will only stall the correction and hurt people who sell for a living.

I can't believe how out of touch I am. Tell me some more about the moratorium or pass me a link please.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I can't believe how out of touch I am. Tell me some more about the moratorium or pass me a link please.

http://cbs4.com/consumer/moratorium.foreclosure.crist.2.877124.html

Crist: Voluntary Moratorium On Foreclosures

Feeling that struggling homeowners deserve more time and compassion, Governor Charlie Crist has asked Florida banks to stop foreclosures and evictions through the holidays.

After meeting with banking officials last week, Crist unveiled his proposal Monday. The moratorium would be voluntary and would be in effect for 45 days. Crist hope the temporary freeze on foreclosures will keep homeowners in their homes during the holidays and will give them time to renegotiate with their lenders.

"I applaud these bankers and lenders for giving people hope during this challenging economic time," said Crist. "Struggling families and homeowners should rest easier during this holiday season, knowing that these lenders have heard the pleas of homeowners."

Crist said his proposal would focus on homeowners who are in dire situations.

"This is to help people who really need help. This is not for somebody who went and bought a bunch of condos in South Florida in the spec market, and as my friend Alex says all the time, they got a bunch of Lexuses in the driveway. :cool:This is to help people that are in a time of need. This is for homesteaded property. People in a home that are providing a roof over their head for their kids and themselves," said Crist.
-----------------------------------------------

Doesn't apply to investulators, so most foreclosures in the area will continue as normal.

Last edited:

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Will it be "all good" for the 5 to 7 million people who will loose their jobs in 2009?

My post says it will suck but in the end it will all be ok. Most of the time the disasters are looked back years later and good comes from it. I try not to focus on the doom. Maybe I am living in a fantasy world but I kinda like it here. Turn the news off, get rid of the TV, and perception begins to change. It's all good.