• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Teresa, I am really glad your trip through Italy was pleasant. I have only visited Naples in Italy and I thought it was one of the dirtiest cities I've ever been in, so I'm glad to hear it is not so with the rest of Italy.
My experiences in Europe both foodwise and otherwise have been outstanding and throughly enjoyable except for the above mentioned incident and my Tripoli fiasco. Great time overall and my hope is that many SoWallers can enjoy it as much as me and my family did.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Sorry. I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Back to the Pros and Cons, of which there are none , of living in SoWal.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Teresa, I am really glad your trip through Italy was pleasant. I have only visited Naples in Italy and I thought it was one of the dirtiest cities I've ever been in, so I'm glad to hear it is not so with the rest of Italy.
My experiences in Europe both foodwise and otherwise have been outstanding and throughly enjoyable except for the above mentioned incident and my Tripoli fiasco. Great time overall and my hope is that many SoWallers can enjoy it as much as me and my family did.

We skipped Naples for some reason. I think it was intentional after doing some reading.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Pros are obvious...

Cons:
-Lack of direct flight options for business travel
-Few high paying jobs unless u telecommute/commute
-Too few good and cheap meal options
-Despite some folks insisting this is a left leaning board, the area we are in is predominantly right wing conservative republican and diversity often feels like it's lacking
-Related to the last point, good luck seeing certain films at local theaters (e.g. Michael Moore, Bill Maher, etc)
-No pro sports teams/big name bands play in the immediate area
-Lousy Internet (Mediacom)
-No public transportation

IMHO- there are few places better to live than here in this country