• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

physes

Beach Comber
Jun 15, 2005
Nashville
We are coming from Nashville and for years we have taken Hwy 231 from Montgomery to Hwy 98 and then go to Hwy 395. We stopped trying to use Hwy 331 because it was only 2 lanes and not enough places to stop(all of us can not seem to be able to coordiante our bathroom breaks). Is Hwy 331 any better or what is the best way to get there?

Thanks for your help :?:

billyluke

Beach Comber
Re: What Highway to take to get there

physes said:
We are coming from Nashville and for years we have taken Hwy 231 from Montgomery to Hwy 98 and then go to Hwy 395. We stopped trying to use Hwy 331 because it was only 2 lanes and not enough places to stop(all of us can not seem to be able to coordiante our bathroom breaks). Is Hwy 331 any better or what is the best way to get there?

Thanks for your help :?:

I definitely prefer 331. For the most part it?s two lanes, however, we always seem to move at a speed of 55-70 mph. There are a few little towns along the way but very little traffic. There are a lot of gas station/convenience stores with decent bathrooms along 331 in Alabama. My family feels its more of a scenic route than 231 and we especially like the quaintness and beauty of the town of Florala. Also, once you hit the Florida state line you have less than an hour to 30-A.

GraytonBound

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
The Nooga

yep, we've learned to stay on the highway for a while past Montgomery instead of getting off at Montgomery. We go through Georgiana, Andalusia, Florala & get there quicker because the highways have less traffic.

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.

Hwy 331 is the way to go in my opinion. If you are coming I-85S into the Montgomery area stay on 85S and merge onto 65S and you can pick up 331S more easily than taking the 1st exit that loops you over to 331S.

331S has been improved in the past few years with addl places to stop and more 4 lane divided hwy has been added and is being worked on and more opened every year. Agree on the quaint towns like Florala, Opp, and others. Safe travels and have a great time in the Seagrove SoWal area.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL

When we were moving from Tennessee to here, we ended up going two round trips and a one way trip through the Georgeana-Andalusia-Florala route.

Generally a good route during daylight hours, but we had a seriously Deliverance moment invloving a U-Haul, the only gas station in Andalusia open after 10 pm that sold diesel, and a guy with Rottweilers chained to the bed of his pick-up truck who was smoking while he pumped gas.

physes

Beach Comber
Jun 15, 2005
Nashville

:D Thank you all so much! this has really helped. I think we will try the route to Georgiana, Anadalusia and Florala. We may end up in Pensacola, but if we do we can just turn left.

Thanks, again.

beachmouse said:
When we were moving from Tennessee to here, we ended up going two round trips and a one way trip through the Georgeana-Andalusia-Florala route.

Generally a good route during daylight hours, but we had a seriously Deliverance moment invloving a U-Haul, the only gas station in Andalusia open after 10 pm that sold diesel, and a guy with Rottweilers chained to the bed of his pick-up truck who was smoking while he pumped gas.

:blink: :shock: :blink:

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach

GraytonBound said:
yep, we've learned to stay on the highway for a while past Montgomery instead of getting off at Montgomery. We go through Georgiana, Andalusia, Florala & get there quicker because the highways have less traffic.

Way to go GB. You just let the whole world know about the extra secret way to get here!! :pissed:

I believe the correct way is to take 331 all the way from Montgomery. :rotfl: