• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TJMay

Beach Lover
Jul 25, 2005
Kitlit,

Thanks, but I'm 100% sure it was not Barbarosa'

I can't yet remember what it was but that's not it...

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
My sources suggest the restaurant was Barbarosa... Run by Dr Davie's son, Gabe.

That rings a bell. Seems like it was closed for a long time which probably adds to the "under the radar" situation.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
For Lakeview Too, this was way before there was an Uptown Grayton.
I can't remember the name of the restaurant either, but I do recall that Hilda McDonald played the piano there for a short time. I think it must have been the very early 1990's. She moved over to the Red Bar when it first opened and played there for another little while. My son bought her piano and moved it out of the Red Bar, not long before Opal.
Barbarosa does sound familiar.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Franny, that definitely sounds right to me. Thank you.

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
Ah, thanks for the correction, Franny, you beat me to it! She remembered last night that Barbarosa was the name of their development company, La Pergola WAS the restaurant.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Yes, that's exactly what I remember seeing. But I have no idea what decade it was. It's getting a little dusty in my memory cells, but I still remember when there was a bar in the brickyard.

The name of the bar in the brickyard was the "Runaground"... the restaurant on the west side of White Cliffs (on the beach) was something else...