• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I can't believe this thread only started after 9:00 last night! :rotfl:

Let's see...there is a lot I won't eat.

Mayonnaise (although if cooked into something, it's not bad)
Mustard
Anchovies/Sardines
Vienna Sausages (just look gross)
Souse / head cheese
Sushi
escargo (not that I ever have the opportunity)
any animal internal organ, digestive system, gonad, foot or head (hold the brains, please) :eek:
Pecans / walnuts / almonds / tree nuts - I am allergic, as evidenced by a burning sensation in mouth/throat. I can't just scrape them off the top, as they release an oil as they cook that permeates the foot. This only started when I was 21 or 22, and this is why I tend to stare at desserts before trying one.
And an oddity about me - while I like pork tenderloin roast, and I adore a pork chop grilled with Dale's, or even a fried one, I can't do a baked pork chop. There is just a taste about it that I can't handle. :dunno:

so does vics! :rotfl:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
The only things I absolutely won't eat are bugs, frogs, and internal organs I've tried liver and intestines and my theory is that if even the Italians can't make it taste good........

Not fond of anything rodentlike.

The rest all depends on the chef's skill (or lack therof).

My parent's rule was that you have at least one bite (minimum size of a quarter) and swallow it.

IMO people who think anything weird tastes like chicken have had some truly nasty chicken in their life!

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Last edited:
Just read this thread for the first time. I need to bookmark this thread to make sure I check it before inviting any SoWallers to dinner.:funn:

My list (there are probably other things, but these are the first that come to mind):
  • liver
  • picked pigs feet (my sweet Daddy always kept a jar in the refrigerator)
  • octopus (too resistant to the bite)
Plus, some things my husband has had to experience to be polite as a dinner guest in Japan:
  • dancing prawns (live prawns that are peeled and dipped in an alcohol -- it's supposed to be entertaining to see them jump around in the bowl -- he says you feel them wiggle as they go down your throat)
  • a live fish placed on a skewer and dined upon while the fish is still wiggling on the skewer
Thankfully he has never been taken to a restaurant and forced to eat monkey brains from a live monkey.:yikes: :puke: He knows people who have.:eek:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I'm with you Bobby on the cow tongue. :puke:
I'll try anything once and there's a very famous Jewish deli I used to go get my pastrami on rye at. One day the proprietor saw me looking at the tongue in the deli case and offered a slice to me. YUCKY, SLIMEY, NO FLAVOR, DISGUSTING. Dang, I don't even like biting my own tongue, never mind a cow's, lord knows where that foot long tongue at pasture has been. NO, NO, never again will I be bamboozled into that again. UH UH

:funn:OMG. LMAO!!!!

Does anyone else get MAJOR hiccups after drinking ROOT beer???

I hate Root Beer. :puke:Now, any other kind of beer is YUMMY!!!!!

• picked pigs feet (my sweet Daddy always kept a jar in the refrigerator)
My daddy alway's kept a jar in our fridge too. I almost cried when he finally told me what they were.

Now for me.....I WILL NOT EAT RAISINS. OH, just the thought of them makes my skin crawl. Not liking that big cow tounge up there either. :eek:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
See- if you really think about it, there are lots of foods y'all don't like!

Who likes Vegemite or Marmite (there is a particular Aussie that I am testing on this one)? Of course I don't like the vile stuff.:lol:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
See- if you really think about it, there are lots of foods y'all don't like!

Who likes Vegemite or Marmite (there is a particular Aussie that I am testing on this one)? Of course I don't like the vile stuff.:lol:

In September, when we were in England we stayed the weekend at the home of friends of ours and we had Vegemite on toast points. If you spread it very very very very very thin, it's really interesting tasting. :blush: