• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ready

Banned
Jun 6, 2009
Successful Eviction!!

Tenant did not abide by terms of lease or eviction notice so we are now considering moving forward to sue for back rent. Not something we want to do, but we have to look after ourselves in this economy.

Have any of you landlords here ever had to sue in a situation like this? We are not litigious, but this turned ugly despite our generosity time and time again....and, we are out quite a bit of money. Quandry!

Let it go. Learn from your mistake, and pick better renters next time.

Wait a minute, isn't their laws about renting.

The business you are in as a landlord has a lot of risks, as I have found from personal experience. You cannot necessarily pick good renters. Know the laws of discrimination. Cost of doing business is IMHO careful credit history review and having requirements there. Good luck getting them out. Hope you got a deposit to keep.

By the way as far as I know you cannot legally remove doors or withhold utilities. Better to let them pay utilities in their name.

Seagrove Lover and Landlord:blush:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Ask a Lawyer Online Now 12 Lawyers Are Online. Ask a Question, Get an Answer ASAP.
JustAnswer.com/Law/Real-Estate

This ad was on the top of the page. First the TV guide, then the cover of the Yellow Pages, now this. But, I'd ask an attorney. (find a free one :D)

SWLL...good luck. I can't imagine people thinking they can live for free in someone's house. I hope you find a suitable renter next time...and soon!

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
The business you are in as a landlord has a lot of risks, as I have found from personal experience. You cannot necessarily pick good renters. Know the laws of discrimination. Cost of doing business is IMHO careful credit history review and having requirements there. Good luck getting them out. Hope you got a deposit to keep.

By the way as far as I know you cannot legally remove doors or withhold utilities. Better to let them pay utilities in their name.

Seagrove Lover and Landlord:blush:

Check out posts 22 and 29. You're a little late on this one.