• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
If the DEP is unable to prevent destruction of dunes within the coastal construction zone, what exactly do they do?

Also, anybody know where I can buy some of that water-retaining gel the Dune Doctor refers to in the article above?

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
lenzoe said:
Also, anybody know where I can buy some of that water-retaining gel the Dune Doctor refers to in the article above?
You should be able to find it in a plant nursery.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
One of the beach service guys said that newly created sand berm caused the waves and outflow to move farther to the west, causing damage on that side - seen here:

050612-arlene-183.jpg

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
kurt said:
One of the beach service guys said that newly created sand berm caused the waves and outflow to move farther to the west, causing damage on that side - seen here:

050612-arlene-183.jpg
Can you say "lawsuit?"

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Paula said:
Hmmm, my husband and I looked at the picture and couldn't figure out what the lawsuit could be... what would the problem be? Thanks.
If the addition of the sand on the east side of the outflow caused the outflow to move even farther west, eventually taking out the house in the photo, I think the owners who dumped the sand could be liable. I am not an attorney, but I think they would have a good case.

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
Actually...Eastern Lake was 'headed West' long before the sand got moved...otherwise those people wouldn't have had a place to put the sand...cause where they put it is approximately where Eastern Lake formerly emptied into the Gulf.