• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
We are preparing to finally return to South Walton. Shoo Mama's has been added to our "must try" list and Louis Louis is already on it (we actually did get to try it last year and it was de-lic-ious) - what other new-in-2010/2011 places should we not miss this winter?

Is Sandor cooking in South Walton again? I read some rumors - but need to know! I missed him last time literally by mere days - I can't let that happen again.

Thank you all - can't wait to visit with you!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
He is but Santa Rosa Golf and Beach Club is closed until March for renovations. Expect them to re-open with a big splash.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Gravel Road is very popular these days. Check the Marie's Bistro thread. Cafe Tango has relatively new owners. Shoo Mamas - on your list. New stuff happening at Caliza. Rosemary Beach has an excellent collection of eateries. La Cocina and George's are fan favorites. Shorty's aims to please. Good Apples is a gem. The Aegean is new. Sushimoto is popular. Fat Clemenza's is habit forming. Pizza By The Sea opening 2nd location in Baytowne Wharf. Nick's Seafood re-opening in Blue Mountain Beach next month.

I look forward to your reports.

Thank you Kurt! Here are some follow up questions:

"Cafe Tango has relatively new owners." What's the story there? Did the old owners pack it in, or did they move somewhere else? It was my absolutely favorite place! Who are the new owners and what kind of food are they doing?

La Cocina and George's - where are these?

"Good Apples is a gem. The Aegean is new. Sushimoto is popular." Where are these?

"Nick's Seafood re-opening in Blue Mountain Beach next month." Nick's in BMB was already closed by the first time I visited the area - how do you think it will compare to the original Nick's?

I greatly appreciate all of the info - can't wait to get down there!

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Sushimoto is popular." Where are these?

"Nick's Seafood re-opening in Blue Mountain Beach next month." Nick's in BMB was already closed by the first time I visited the area - how do you think it will compare to the original Nick's?

Sushimoto is in Mirimar just past the outlet mall on the right on 98. When you see the Fondue Pot, turn right. It's in the same little strip mall. Great stuff there!

Nick's beach location closed due to a fire. It is the exact same food as the bay location but far more convenient and in an updated surrounding. Admittedly, the old building over on 20 adds to the ambiance of the original, but the beach location will be just as good!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thank you Kurt! Here are some follow up questions:

"Cafe Tango has relatively new owners." What's the story there? Did the old owners pack it in, or did they move somewhere else? It was my absolutely favorite place! Who are the new owners and what kind of food are they doing?

La Cocina and George's - where are these?

"Good Apples is a gem. The Aegean is new. Sushimoto is popular." Where are these?

Look up and you'll see "dining" on the menu bar - links to all the area restaurants, each with its own page with addresses, phone, website, map, etc. You can even post comments and rate the restaurants!

Nick's will be the same or better.

Not sure about Cafe Tango maybe someone else can fill us in.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
The backbone of Aegean is above average Greek diner food, with some entrees that go a step above that. If you've got similar back home and aren't planning a full meal there, it's still worth it to pick up an order of their olive-feta dip appetizer to go to snack on back at the condo, IMO.

The backbone of Aegean is above average Greek diner food, with some entrees that go a step above that. If you've got similar back home and aren't planning a full meal there, it's still worth it to pick up an order of their olive-feta dip appetizer to go to snack on back at the condo, IMO.

How do they do with fish/seafood? Locally sourced? Fresh and tasty?