• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
It's impossible to guarantee clear water, but chances are early October is a great time. Unfortunately, some of our worst hurricanes have occurred in October as well.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
How is the water clarity/seaweed typically in mid august? TIA
Hit or miss. I know that isn't terribly helpful, but August is just one of those months where I can recall both near perfect water and some pretty weedy water as well. On the other hand, it is so blasted hot in August, you'll probably want to get in it no matter what.:wave:

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Every year is different. Almost impossible to tell how things will be in any given month.

ShawnB12

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2021
Louisville, KY
Thanks for the responses! By chance can any of you tell me what beach rd access this is on blue mountain beach in the below link? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
How has the water been lately?

Warm and extremely wet.

Seriously though, there's no guarantees to clear water, especially if there's rain in the forecast. Heavy rain fall usually causes the dune lakes to burst releasing the tannin filled waters that cause completely black to hard to see in water.

It'll all be brown shortly though as Bay County is restoring the East Pass.

karl

Beach Lover
Sep 6, 2005
Warm and extremely wet.

Seriously though, there's no guarantees to clear water, especially if there's rain in the forecast. Heavy rain fall usually causes the dune lakes to burst releasing the tannin filled waters that cause completely black to hard to see in water.

It'll all be brown shortly though as Bay County is restoring the East Pass.
What is east pass?