• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
I don't eat oysters very often so when I get a craving I like really good ones - any suggestions?
Great Southern, Bud & alley's and Stinky's are usually good choices and have quality oysters. For me the atmosphere is part of the oyster experience and they are both fun to go to. Fish Out of Water in WaterColor (FOOW) has yummy ones and a gulf view.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Local Catch now has good Florida homegrown oysters every day of the week!

Also at the new North Beach Social on the bay.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Well there goes Matt again...There are good oysters to be found here, but, it is not easy to find any decent Florida oysters here. You sometimes get some from Cedar Key that are good but that is it. Apalachicola is no longer an option. Here are my oyster suggestions:

Expensive but very good oysters can be found at Emeril's and Black Bear Bread. If you truly need a fix now and then, this is probably your best bet. Emeril has less expensive Louisiana oysters in addition to one or two smaller varieties usually from the upper Atlantic coast. Black Bear features the artsy oysters, but, that place is usually quiet and close by, so you can get a fix there if you don't want the production of Emeril's.

Your other good bet is to follow 30A Oyster on Facebook, and if he is going to be somewhere open to the public, go seek him out. His raw oysters as of late are from Texas and Louisiana, but, still the best raw Gulf offerings around here. ALWAYS cold and salty, and he grills them too.

As far as local oyster houses go, I have not been to Hurricane's in years, but someone I know who is pretty picky went there for happy hour a month ago and told me he thought they were good. Acme is consistently OK, nothing special. Shunk Gulley has not served anything other than flavorless Texas slabs the last several times I have been there. Stinky's is just a little better than Shunk Gulley. I saw a raw oysters sign pop up in front of Old Florida Fish House, not sure that is something they serve or if that is one of the newer places in that complex. I have no idea if they are any good or not. I see people eating them at Steamboat, but I've never had them there. You can take out a home equity line of credit and get them at Shrimp Shack in Seaside. Apparently plenty of folks like them at Goatfeathers, but I never had them. I'm sure you can get your fix, the hunt is half the fun.

conch

Beach Comber
Mar 5, 2010
The best "Real Florida Oysters" hands down are from my friends at OUTLAW OYSTERS. They are grown with love, floating at surface, in floating bins.
Salty, fat, and sediment free!
Get ya some, shipped right to your door.
But ya better get a lot, cuz everybodys going to want some.
Outlaw Oyster Co.
11 Rock Landing Road
Panacea, FL 32346
(850) 841-9344
info@outlawoyster.com