• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

racy_t

Beach Comber
May 26, 2008
I have a ton of slightly used toys and I would like to donate them to a good cause that will actually use them and not sell them, can anyone recommend a DV Shelter, Orphanage, etc.... that would take them.

Also I dropped of some new Toys for Toys for Tots, if anyone is interested you can drop them off at the Destin Commons or across the street at Sporty Lady Swimwear next to Publix (where they give you a $20 coupon too :clap:).

Thanks! Tracy

Lake Eastern

Beach Lover
Dec 17, 2005
Walton County
I have seen requests in the past for the visitation centers where the children of divorced parents meet. It may be operated by the Children in Crisis program. Channel 7 often has a lady(Christie ?) who coordinates the foster parent program in Bay County(I recently read they have the highest number of foster children in the state) and she has mentioned the needs some foster parents have for good, gently used toys. Anchorage Children's Home could probably help. The PC Rescue Mission has many families living in their residences. The domestic violence shelters would probably appreciate any contributions, too.

sarahmark

Beach Comber
Mar 14, 2009
freeport fire rescue

The Freeport Fire Rescue collects and delivers toys to local children in need at Christmas. I know they would greatly appreciate donations. They had a very big list last year and I can only imangine it will be bigger this year. They also do an angel tree program.