• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Where's everybody from?

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, we should have a DFW happy hour in SoWal in October. I will be there too!

Donna
 
skippertoo said:
Hi Kathy,

Love Huntsville and my parents still live there in old town. Miss Big Eds Pizza too. Did not go to High school in Hsv. Went to Lyman Ward Military down in Camp Hill Alabama near Auburn... WAR EAGLE !

Skip

My sister lives in Five Points..I love that area. I LOVED Bid Eds Pizza.....we used to go there after football games! ROLL TIDE!!! :biggrin:
 
Born in St. Louis, got married and moved to Imperial which is just south of stl, but more room to breathe!!! We have a lake house in cuba Mo, about an hour west down highway 44 towards the lake of the ozarks. If I could live anywhere else it would be SOWAL or Tennessee......vacationed in a cabin in the smokies and really loved it, I would move there tomorrow!!!! hmmmmm then I could visit the otters :clap_1: :clap_1: ;-) ;-)
 
Rita said:
:welcome: We're hoping to go in October too!
Haven't been down since last October. We never saw the sun shine while we were there but had a good time anyway. Hoping to make in down next month to enjoy that beautiful weather I have had all the other times in October.
 
tamara said:
Thanks. I must confess I am a lurker. Will try to do better!

Been there, done that....but now I am free at last!
 
tamara said:
Haven't been down since last October. We never saw the sun shine while we were there but had a good time anyway. Hoping to make in down next month to enjoy that beautiful weather I have had all the other times in October.

WOW...there's going to be quite a lot of SoWal parties in October! I'll start another thread soon so we can put down our dates. We could have a happy hour every weekend so no one misses out!!! What day would be best. This could be like hearding cats, so we need our locals to guide us!!!
 
Sueshore said:
WOW...there's going to be quite a lot of SoWal parties in October! I'll start another thread soon so we can put down our dates. We could have a happy hour every weekend so no one misses out!!! What day would be best. This could be like hearding cats, so we need our locals to guide us!!!


Looks like the only dates that are hopefully going to work for me are around the weekend of the 21st of October. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am able to make it.
 
Born in South Carolina but raised in Maryland. Met my future husband at Annapolis. After he proposed and told me that we would me moving to Pensacola for flight school, I asked him if Pensacola had hurricanes and he said ("No, they only have those in the Miami area"). I have learned that guys will say anything to get their girl and I guess I was having a blonde moment because I believed him! The day we moved into our apartment (30 years ago) Hurricane Eloise was coming right towards us - I have never seen movers move so quickly - they just wanted to get out of there. Since then we have lived in Corpus Christi, Tex.; Jacksonville; Brunswick, Maine; the Azore Islands; Monterey, Ca.; Lake Ridge, Va.; Bath, Maine; Severna Park, Md.; Fort Lauderdale; and now we divide our time between Pittsburgh, Pa. and Watercolor.
In all of our travels we have never seen beaches as beautiful as those of 30-A. I believe that SoWal has a great sense of community. What brings everyone together is their love of the area and the people are the THE best!
Go Navy, Go Steelers!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top