• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SkinShark

Beach Lover
Aug 16, 2012
"now that the Seagrove Villas are gone"? What a tragedy. The owners should have bought the villas instead of putting more than money into that new building. I personally think walking down the stairs in sight of the dumpsters was poor planning, and I would have rather looked at the villas rather than the sight of more new construction when we have so many empty building as it is.

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
Whiskey Bravo is not closing. The owners have quite a passion for it and have invested a lot more than just money.

They are huge sports fans and are planning a lot of activities this fall, including lots of screens with lots of football. They also now have a much better view from their roof deck since Seagrove Villas Motel is gone.
View will be great until the four new homes go up across the street with three of the four lots are already under contract.

iloveflorida

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2011
Santa Rosa Beach
My family and I have been to WB at least 20 times since it opened. The service has been excellent every time and the food wonderful. We always bring our out of town guest to eat also. Favorite item is the Reuben, with seafood nachos and a cup of gumbo. Glad to see that eyesore across the street leveled...ready to see some beautiful homes instead. Also love the dumpster by the stairs... Sometimes we have to many and get inside of the dumpster and play!!!!

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
Sigh

My family and I have been to WB at least 20 times since it opened. The service has been excellent every time and the food wonderful. We always bring our out of town guest to eat also. Favorite item is the Reuben, with seafood nachos and a cup of gumbo. Glad to see that eyesore across the street leveled...ready to see some beautiful homes instead. Also love the dumpster by the stairs... Sometimes we have to many and get inside of the dumpster and play!!!!

We'll have to try WB when we get there and will enjoy a new rooftop deck with a view of the Gulf. It's sad though to hear the Seagrove Villas Motel referred to as an "eyesore". While for years I have feared (read "known") as many have, that its razing was inevitable due to market pressures and other issues, but to refer to it in such a blanket derogatory manner seems quite callous to me. Or was this tongue in cheek? The Villas certainly had its share of faults but it also possessed many great attributes and contributed to so many wonderful memories for generations. Dancing on its grave not appropriate, IMHO.:sosad:

iloveflorida

Beach Lover
Mar 23, 2011
Santa Rosa Beach
I always am respectful of others opinion. My parents came down and stayed at the Villas the week before it went down. Their opinion was that it was a dump. I went in their room and agree completely. WB is a cool building just like the V and some of the homes just across the street from the V. This building is not Carngie (SP) Hall or the Waldorff Astoria. Sometimes getting rid of the old and welcoming the new can be a positive thing for the area. I hope that in the future some more of the old cinder block homes in seagrove go away also to newer and more beautiful homes and we can start new and fresh memories.

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
I always am respectful of others opinion. My parents came down and stayed at the Villas the week before it went down. Their opinion was that it was a dump. I went in their room and agree completely. WB is a cool building just like the V and some of the homes just across the street from the V. This building is not Carngie (SP) Hall or the Waldorff Astoria. Sometimes getting rid of the old and welcoming the new can be a positive thing for the area. I hope that in the future some more of the old cinder block homes in seagrove go away also to newer and more beautiful homes and we can start new and fresh memories.

Right. It suffered there at the end as most foreclosed properties do. You missed my point.

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007

Wow.

NightAngel

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The Village

So, you are not from here nor do you live here yet you want to sit up on your perch and tell us whom are from here for generations what YOU think we should do with our historic buildings so YOU can come down and see a view that suits YOU? Gee thanks, how have we ever gotten this far without your kind.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
This is why laws are passed to create historic preservation districts. Without legal protection, "demolition by neglect" leads to towns classifying properties as blighted, and down they come, so that developers can have their way. Buildings from 100+ years ago are somewhat less at risk, due to their quaintness. It's the 50 year old stuff, like we have in SoWal, that is always at the worst risk. Just look at the nifty old beach cottages that have come down in the last few years. With our developer-dominated BCC, it's sad to say that's it's very unlikely that we'll get any historic protection in SoWal. Our loss, and that of our descendents...

I don't think the well-maintained Villas remotely approached "eyesore" status, although that word and "blight" are the classic favorite language of aspiring developers coveting demolition of a historic property.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Love love love the old cinderblock cottages. Very retro, cool, and Old Florida.