• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Hi all,

So I am very new here and getting use to the forum but I've got some questions / requests.

In the FAQ, it asks for people posting places to rent to be specific and provide a lot of info plus pics. But most posts I see for rentals are so vague that it's not really helpful in a search. PLUS, how do do you know if something is rented? Shouldn't people take it down or definitely write rented on it? Otherwise, someone like me, who really needs to find a home for my little family in a hurry because we are relocating, has to take soooo much time looking through each and every post, then leave a message asking to see pictures, provide more info and is it still available?

Anyone else find this hard? So, I think for all sakes, even the owners, what if you all posting rentals be more specific and describe the property, tell us about it, show pictures, community features, price, if any utilities are included, if pets are okay? It would help us all to know right away if a place will work for our needs and help you not have to answer so many posts, messages, etc.

Well, just a friendly, helpful suggestion. Thanks!

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
Supply and Demand

Long Term Rentals are in high demand so they get rented very quickly. If I hear of anything I will pm or email you.

I also have spent a lot of time in the area as a visitor and working along the Panhandle for 5 years....love it!

What are your housing needs.... When, area, bdrms/baths, length of lease? Pet?

I am moving from Brookhaven as soon as I sell my condo, I am lucky to have several family members who own second homes on 30A offer me a home to stay in while I build my home in Santa Rosa Beach. I am also looking into work/business opportunities.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
I am over Atlanta and know what you mean. There is no heaven on earth but have spent enough time down there to know where and how I want to live!

Try some of the property management companies along 30A who manage the vacation rentals. They sometimes know of homeowners who want to rent long term. That is how I found the condo my company rented for me when I worked along 30A. Homeowners often cannot keep them rented during the peak season if they are 2 or more blocks from the beach.

Thanks , we need a true place to call home, not just a seasonal long term. So in this area, doesn't longterm mean like a true rental place to live, unfurnished, all that good stuff? It's hard making sure you are using the right terminology in such a touristy place. I'm just use to things like, home for rent, apartment for rent, etc, hahaha. If there is anything I should know about how to phrase it properly, that be grand if y'all could fill me in.

ebutterfly782

Beach Comber
Jun 27, 2013
A long term rental could be furnished or unfurnished. Call some realty companies too. They will sometimes manage LTR. If you want unfurnished, be sure to specify that. Good luck finding one!

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
FYI - Seabreeze Community has recently changed its C&R's to prohibit short term rentals and limit rentals to long term only ( 6 or more months ). If you are working with an agent you might ask them to look in this neighborhood for availability.

SkinShark

Beach Lover
Aug 16, 2012
I know of a four bedroom 2000 sq ft house in Eagle Bay that is about to come up for long term rental. The price is $2100. This is a great family neighborhood with a restaurant and a public boat ramp to the bay. When do you need to move in? Pm me if interested.