• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Wish Me Luck!

New posts
I am sooo glad you are doing this. :clap:
The class is a great idea and I have gotten the info from the NYS smokers hotline because I, too, decided to quit the beginning of October, but haven't been able to quit 100%, so these support groups are invaluable. I will be going to one myself. I can tell you that very quickly I was able to taste food, abhored the smell of cigarettes and feel better. No coughing and hacking up a lung. Check your email. We can do this all together. I know it. :wave:
 
Anyone with an iPhone can download free apps to help stay motivated and keep track of money saved. Iquit helped me a lot.

I am going to check and see if they have this for the IPOD. Another thing that helped me a lot was chewing sugarless gum everytime I wanted to reach for a cigarette up and beyond that days allotment. Dentyne- the flavor lasts a long time. Tropical Twist. (Although Kitty thought it was gross-- but Jessifunn, SWGB and Destinscuba liked it. Just don't chew it with a Planters Punch) :biggrin:
 
It seems everyone responding knows you in some way. You are lucky to have such a great support group. I want to add my encouragement from afar even though I do not know you. I think they say nicotine is the most addictive substance. I have 3 sisters and 1 of my sisters smokes and I am encouraging her to quit. You are doing the greatest thing for your health. Have you seen the commercial where the guy puts a cigarette in his mouth and hijacks the car. It is about that need to smoke when you drive. We lost our wonderful mother to a carcinoma from smoking. She was 67 and we all know that if she was not a smoker she would be here to this day. Good luck!!! You can do it!!!!
 
Last night was the first night of an 8 week American Lung Association Freedom from Smoking class that I am attending. I have smoked for way too many years and I am so ready to give it up. I do not have the strength or willpower to just lay them down and quit cold turkey, I know that. So, my sister, and a co-worker of mine have decided to go to this class and do it together. I am really, really ready to quit. My actual quit day is Feb 1st. In the next 8 weeks we will be learning how to quit for life. Part of our homework assignment was to let you our family and friends know so that they can be there to support us in our decision. So, friends I am letting you know. Say a prayer, or if you don't pray, keep those fingers crossed for us. I will keep you updated on our progress! I have decided that after I quit, instead of going into a store to buy cigs, I will go by the ATM and get that $$ out and take it home and put it in a jar. I will use that $$ to pay for probably 1/2 of my vacation in June. I can do this, and I will do this!

Darlene! This is the happiest news I've read today! :clap:You can do this. You WILL do this. And about the other $$ that you're not spending on cigs, well, my friend who quit a few months ago (she was a BIG smoker), she spent the money on a Wii and her figure looks fantastic now! But I like the idea of sending it to SoWal, too. You'll pay for a lot more than half by giving up the smokes. Good job!
 
Good luck, I'll quit one day too. I just have to deal with the two most annoying people on earth and then I can quit.

These people literally make my psoriasis flare up.
 
GOOD LUCK :cool:


Last night was the first night of an 8 week American Lung Association Freedom from Smoking class that I am attending. I have smoked for way too many years and I am so ready to give it up. I do not have the strength or willpower to just lay them down and quit cold turkey, I know that. So, my sister, and a co-worker of mine have decided to go to this class and do it together. I am really, really ready to quit. My actual quit day is Feb 1st. In the next 8 weeks we will be learning how to quit for life. Part of our homework assignment was to let you our family and friends know so that they can be there to support us in our decision. So, friends I am letting you know. Say a prayer, or if you don't pray, keep those fingers crossed for us. I will keep you updated on our progress! I have decided that after I quit, instead of going into a store to buy cigs, I will go by the ATM and get that $$ out and take it home and put it in a jar. I will use that $$ to pay for probably 1/2 of my vacation in June. I can do this, and I will do this!
 
Buy the book "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" It saved my life and yes it really was easy. You can get it on line
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top