World Market comes to Panama City

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by beachmouse, Sep 18, 2008.

1. beachmouse

beachmouse Beach Fanatic

Got talking about it in the Indian food thread, but figured it merited its own topic. They've got a store classified as 'Now Open' near the Panama City Mall. Which makes me a happy mouse because they carry some pantry staples for us that we can't find at other stores in the area.

It's kind of like a Pier 1, but with a beer & wine and non-perishables foods of the world section. We go through a lot of the Indian simmer sauces they carry as well as no salt added Japanese noodles, and fixings for Thai and other Asian foods. They're got a small British food section, and an excellent junk foods of the world selection that gets even better when they bring in the Christmas sweets.

Prices aren't great; if you can find it at Publix, it will probably be cheaper at the P. But they've got some unique stock. We had been heading to the store in Pensacola every 8-12 weeks, but it's more convenient for us to go to PC instead, and will make for a nice combo trip with Borders at Pier Park.

2. jpbhen

jpbhen Beach Fanatic

oh my gosh - we LOVE LOVE LOVE world market!! have been shopping there in cincinnati for years. much cooler than pier one - not just great food and wine selections, but glassware, dishes, kitchen things, soaps, etc etc etc. great baskets. wonderful chocolate (especially with hot chili peppers). this is great news - we always said that world market would really fit in down here. needs to be at pier park! :clap:

3. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Punz and I hit up the PC World Market earlier this summer- it is truly like Pier One in the old school awesome days.

4. organicmama

organicmama Beach Fanatic

Anyone who's been in the OM house and seen our HUGE dining table.... it's from World Market! That and our telephone stands, our TV armoire....

That rocks b/c I didn't want to drive to P'Cola to get more cool furniture!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr. OM and I love the Indian/Asian feel to their decor and the fact that most items are not veneers!

BTW, a similar but smaller dining table of the same wood was 3 times as much at Crate & Barrel.

:clap:Thanks for this thread! It just made my night and I'm doing the happy dance!:wave:

5. northshore

northshore Beach Comber

that's the answer.